Chapter 50

———————————————————————

(・・;)

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

Meanwhile:

Sitting on the bus with a suitcase and a bag on my lap was maybe not the most optimal solution for moving all my stuff through the city. But nonetheless, I was stubborn and didn't want to disturb any of the others.
The bus was filled with both teenagers and adults, all headed out to enjoy the first evening of the long-awaited weekend.

Standing outside the apartment door I felt a strange feeling of anxiety rising through my body. Was it supposed to be like this, had I now turned out to be the bad guy? Maybe I deserved this as a result of something I did in my past life.

"Aren't you going to go inside?" An unfamiliar voice said behind me.

"Yes I suppose"

"You don't recognize me, do you? I'm Miss Hwang, your upstairs neighbor" she smiled warmly. "Me and my husband live right over the eight of you. I must admit, you're quite noisy."

"I'm sorry, I'll tell them to keep the nice down-"

"Oh for heavens sake, don't. You're teenagers and you're supposed to be loud and annoying to us older people. We just find it heartwarming when teenagers learn to enjoy life, even in this cruel world." She smiled to herself. "But tell me, dear, I've been seeing you standing quite a few times outside that door, why aren't you doing inside?"

"Ah... I've done something. Something not so good and therefore made them upset with me, I suppose I don't want to go inside because I don't want them to hate me anymore"

"I'm sure you all will find a solution to it. Life is short and long at the same time. It's too short to waste on meaningless moments, but it's too long to let a small fight ruin everything."

Bidding goodbye to the lady she walked away, up the staircase.
Why do I feel like the oldest generation love to see youth be free and live, but people between fifty and seventy hate them and want us to get a job and work? And the people between thirty and their late forties are just too occupied with work to really care and wish they still were young and free.

"Let's just get this over with" I opened the door and walked inside. The air was slightly cold and the atmosphere was even colder.
Niki and Sunoo were sitting on the couch watching a movie while I kicked off my shoes. Bluntly ignoring me.

After packing away my stuff and separating my laundry from my clean clothes I headed over to the kitchen to make myself some food.
I opened the cupboard and found one of Heeseungs carbonara ramen.
I lit the stove and placed a pot on with a bit of water and milk. In I poured the white power and some of the hot sauce.

Besides the cooking pot, I placed a frying pan with some oil in it to cook an egg and some bacon.

"Oh shit," suddenly I managed to knock down the bottle of oil, making it spill all over the stove and counter.

The flames from the stove spread like wildfire over the counter, bringing higher and higher for each second try went by. It spored all over the kitchen as the bottle of old continued to spill.
The fire triggered the fire alarm and was now echoing throughout the apartment.