Chapter 45

———————————————————————

^ - ^

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

Apparently my mother had left for Japan to continue working for the same family. The only reason she called was to let me know that she would be working there.
The message was dead. The call was dead.

She don't ask how I was doing, only talk me the message. Once she knew I had understood it she ended the call and said she would switch phone numbers to a Japanese one.
Another way of telling me I could not contact her.

Saying I was surprised would be exaggerating. Before, my mother used to drink almost every night, go to sleep and work the next day. At least now she has a stable job.

"What did she say?" Heeseung asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Nothing much, she is in Japan"

"JAPAN? So I don't get to meet her?" Really? Is that what you are worried about... I sighed shaking my head.

Leaning my head on Heeseungs shoulder I scooted closer to him. His hand found its way around my waist and held me tight as he hissed me on the forehead.
Placing my knees by my chest I held around them and dilated with the tips of my fingers.

"How many days are you planning to stay here?" Heeseung broke the silence.

"A week, maybe more. I took two weeks of unpaid leave from the cafe. Told them I had to attend to urgent family matters because of a sudden death" I chuckled drily.

"Let's make the most out of our time here then"

( ✌︎'ω')✌︎

The next days we spent visiting small shops and overall exploring the city. We used the train as a way of getting around. The weather was stable and mostly sun, but the temperature was still cold.

Heeseung dragged me forcefully by the wrist as we ran into the cold seawater. It splashed everywhere standing our pants.
I shouted as the water was much colder than I had imagined.
The older grabbed my other hand and dragged me towards him, leading me into a slow warm kiss. After, he embraced me and hugged me tightly.

After a short while, I stepped back giving the other a perfect opportunity to splash water on me.

"Lee fucking Heeseung!" Trying my best to cover my face, I kicked water towards him.

A few hours later we arrived at a huge aquarium by bus. I stared into the sea at all the fish as they swam over me in the underwater tunnel.
Some kids were playing around us as their parents and older siblings were too busy admiring the sea life, like me. I looked down at them with a warm smile. They looked so cute playing around, completely blinded by happiness to understand and see the cruel world they would soon be introduced to.

"Look at that one" I pointed at the clown fish. "It's Nemo!" I giggled remembering the old movie.

As a Ray fish swam over us Heeseung began giggling to himself. "It looks like Niki" He took out his phone and snapped a few pictures of it.