Chapter 70

———————————————————————

(^_-)

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

The wind blew lightly against my cold face as I was liked down the old pavement. A few meters before me was the half-sealed entrance to the west docs, surrounded by tall fences and barbed wire.

I thought back to when I watched the dragon trainer with Heeseung, and he said I was a bit like Hiccup.
In a scene it was right, I was a bit like him. We shared the same characteristics and the same blueprint in the story. At the end of the third movie Hiccup lets go of the dragons he found and befriended in the first movie.

At the start of the story, I befriended seven people I didn't know I would grow to love and need so deeply. And now, as we are about to end the story I have to let go of them.
Because I was not one of them. I was not someone they would use all their energy looking for, I was Hiccup, the one who disappeared without anyone noticing. I was the one who returned on my own.

And they were the dragons. They were the ones I had to let go.

Gazing up on all the stacked containers I stood by the coastline. Though the sky was almost pitch dark, my road was lit up by lampposts.
I took my phone out and called the number Yuri had used to call me earlier.

"I see you came," Yuri said.

"Enough with the bullshit, where is he? I want to see him and to see you let him go" Anger rose in my body.

"Very well" she paused. "If you look to your right you'll see a diesel container. Place your phone and anything else you might have in your pockets on it"

As I only had brought with me my phone I laid it face down on the metal surface. My eyes so drifted to all the surveillance cameras that surrounded the area. I knew she was watching me through them, meaning she had to be in the security booth in the tower towering above all the multi-colored containers.

I kept the cyanide pill, as it was my second option.

Sunoo: I'm almost home:)

Sunoo: The meetings got canceled

Sunoo: why is no one home, have you all gone out?

Sunoo: Haewon?

Going into this with no plan further than to make Sunghoon go free from the devil I trusted my instincts a little too much.

"HAEWON!" A familiar voice suddenly shouted.

"SUNGHOON!" I ran towards the voice. It was lightly echoing, meaning it was probably coming from one of the open containers a little far away. "SUNGHOON"

"HAEWON!"

I rounded one corner after the other made up of locked containers. The closer I got the clearer the voice became.

"HAEWON!"

My breath hitched a bit as the voice suddenly was coming from right behind me. Turning around and faced with an open container. There was no lamppost here, meaning there was no light.
Squinting my eyes I tried to see Sunghoons figure through the darkness.