Chapter 25

I don't remember if I gave Sunoos brother a name earlier in the story, but at least I'll give him a name now.

Second update

- Moonlight

-----------------------

(>人<;)

-----------------------

Kim Sunoo POV

Uncomfortable silence. That's only one way to describe it.

They say; facing your fears makes you a stronger person. But I don't think this includes me. Because every time I face my fear, family or business dinner, I only get weaker. I learn though. I learn to stay quiet, straight posture, and etiquette, formal language, and fake gratitude. I learn to fit into a place that was made for me to be trapped in while the dinner was taking place.

I made mistakes. Everyone did every once in a while. It's what makes us human.
But if you, I, made a mistake in the wrong situation, an important dinner or meeting, the punishment would not be worth the risks. The punishment would be like a scar that dug deep down to where no one could help you.

I fiddled with my fingers on my lap as I sat in my brother's car on the way to the dinner.
The radio was not on, only the quiet sound of a few raindrops hitting the window could be heard in the car.

"Which family will be joining us this evening," I asked in hope of starting a small talk.

"The Kangs" a short answer answered with just enough information to make me even more nervous than I already was.
Seunghyun, my brother held the stealing weal right as he drove off the main road and to the main gate of our family's residence.

I closed my eyes for a short second as I tried to contain my nerves. I was hella nervous, and all I could think of was how I could go home to my Riki after dinner.
I opened my eyes and unbuckled my seatbelt before opening the car door and following my brother inside.

"Finally," My mother said with a fake smile as the two of us walked into the huge dining hall. The middle-aged woman rose from her chair and walked over to us giving my brother a slight hug before turning to me. She had a burning look in her eyes as she walked over to me. My mother gave me a very light hug "don't fuck this up" she whispered to me.

We all sat around the table. Mrs. Kang introduced her husband and her son, who turned out to be only a year older than me.

The dinner was going well so far. The adults had only been talking about business and my brother's success. Of course, they would be talking about him, he is their favorite after all. I stabbed the vegetables on my plate in boredom, the conversation was only getting more boring the more they talked. Why did they even care to invite me here if they didn't need me here? I could have been home by now, in my very soft bed, with Niki sleeping by my side as I watched K-dramas-

"So Sunoo, I heard you are still studying, what are your plans for the future?" Miss Kang suddenly said waking me up from my dreamy thoughts.
I placed my fork down "I don't know yet- but I think I'll study to become a Lawyer" Just say what they want to hear "Or maybe something within the business so that I can help the family business. But of course, I don't know for certain yet, no one knows what the future holds" good enough?