Chapter 35

I feel like this story has the pace of a typical K-drama.

- moonlight

———————————————————————

(*゚∀゚*)

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

His warm lips on mine. We moved slowly. He placed his hand on the back of my neck, deepening the kiss.
The kiss was slow and deep. I tilted my head a bit, deepening the kiss even more.

We parted away as both of us were out of breath. With his hand still on the nape of my neck Heeseung looked me in the eyes.
His mouth opened slightly as if he wanted to say something, yet he stayed quiet.
I leaned in slowly capturing his lips yet again. He scooted closer to me.

A sudden loud ringtone rang through the air, breaking off our small make-out session. The taller reached out into his pocket and took out his phone, an unknown number displayed upfront.
He turned off the sound, stuffing it back into the pocket of his coat.

"Aren't you gonna take it?"

"Nah, maybe it's just a seller or something" I nodded my head slowly. I rested my head on Heesungs shoulder, letting out a long sigh.
A small smile grew on my face as I felt the one beside me kiss the crown of my head and interweave our fingers together, before resting his head on mine.

"It's almost midnight," he said. "There is a firework show then. Do you- maybe- want to go and watch it from the Farris Wheel?"

"Sure. We should go now then, so we can buy tickets before it sells out"

Without letting go of each other's hands we made our way down to the busy streets again. The music was just as loud as it had been. And the number of people there just kept on growing.
I felt something vibrate in my placket. I reached into it and took out my phone, seeing a message from an unknown number.

Miss me, sweetheart?

Suddenly loud music started coming from the stage a few hundred meters away from us, and the crowd started moving fast and aggressively toward it. I felt squeezed in between people, and it didn't take long before I got separated from Heeseung and found myself being pushed around.

Due to the loud nice combination of voices, music, and other things, I was not able to hear almost anything.
My head started spinning and my vision became abnormal. I found myself growing nauseous.

As if the situation could not get any worse a gang of teenagers suddenly walked past me and pushed me hard out of the crowd and into an alleyway. I fell hard onto the ground, scraping my knee severely.
"Why always me?" Anger rose in my body as I rose from the ground. I dusted off the sand stuck on my palms and made sure I hadn't landed in any of the trash stacked up by the walls and scattered around the ground.
I scanned my knee for a second. Blood ran down my leg, staining my sock a red color.

"And so, we meet again. Fated to collide until the end of time" a cold voice said behind me.
I froze. Felt the book in my body drain away.
"Hello Haewon, long time no see"