THE PROLOGUE

ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟɪsᴛ

THE ABSTRACT IDEALISM OF A HEADLINE IS WHAT CAPTURES THE readers attention, the gateway into a story, plot

THE ABSTRACT IDEALISM OF A HEADLINE IS WHAT CAPTURES THE readers attention, the gateway into a story, plot. Many readers can never fathom what really goes on in the world. They read word for word, on each line held a sacred meaning. True readers of course can pick at it, either if it is true or false. And stories are what a young journalist like Helen Swan can do best. The young woman had her head in the clouds and her hands stained in ink. Articles strewn out over the ground, crumbled up papers tossed in the trash. Helen was a journalist, a writer for Seattle Times, her stories made front page news with alluring headlines that captured people's attention.

The delicate strands of her dark brown hair fell into view of her eyes. The blue-green depths shined with curiosity as her fingertips glided over the printed page in front of her "Waylon Forge tragic murder" She muttered under her breath, she blinked recalling back in her memories. "Jolly old man" She chuckled under her breath, remembered the man played Santa since she was about two years old.

She crossed her legs turning on her computer and went to Internet explorer loading her email. She clicked the newest one for her boss. "New story, located in Forks. The team thought you were best since you are from there" She read over the words, she saw the dollar amount of she went out there for the summer and tried to find out the true story beyond the headlines of the news. She sighed, she scrolled through to the bottom of the letter before rubbing her temple.

She pulled out her cellphone, going to her contact list and dialed her father's number. The ringing only lasted a few seconds before a clicking sound hit her hears of someone answering "Hello?" The questionable voice of her baby sister echoed in the phone line "Bells. Can you put dad on the phone" Helen asked with a growing smile, her sisters breath hitched "Oh El! How have you been? Yeah I'll put him on" Bella sounded happy from the other side of the telephone link.

"I am well, just going through articles for work" Helen tapped her fingers on her desk leaning back into her chair sinking into the plush of the cushion. She made a tsk sound with her lips clicking her tongue to the roof of her mouth after a short conversation with her little sister, she heard her father's voice in the background. "Helen, hey" Charlie greeted, she could just hear the smile in his voice.

"I'll be coming down to visit for the summer. I'm running a story out there in Forks, do you think my room is still up for grabs" Helen asked lightly, her visits to Forks were short and non-eventful. She had a few careless dates that took her to Port Angeles, she stayed home and cooked for her father or ate at the café.

His breath exhaled heavily "That will be great. Both my girls back under the same roof" Charlie said through the phone "Me and Bella will prepare your room, see you in a few days El, love you" The conversation ended shortly with a click and Helen sighed grabbed her important documentation to take with her. Her blue-green eyes flickered over her messy apartment, she had to clean up.