CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR | ECLIPSE ✓

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴇʟ

THE BRIGHT TEARY EYED GAZE OF HELEN SWAN'S SEA GREEN DEPTHS; such eyes filled with a deep fright

THE BRIGHT TEARY EYED GAZE OF HELEN SWAN'S SEA GREEN DEPTHS; such eyes filled with a deep fright. She heard a voice shouting, her name was echoing in the back of her head. Her plump lips parted to take a deep breath, she shuttered. The pain spread out across her body, the weighing feeling of desperation scratched at the back of her mind. This can't be real, it couldn't be. How didn't she seen it happening, how did he come here? The hue of his platinum blonde hair caught her eye, unable to voice her words she noticed the vampires crimson eyes.

His lean frame hovered over her, the breeze drifting the curtains open. His teeth glinting in the moonlight, the words your mine echoing in her mind. A shadow fell behind the vampire, the paranoia faded the second after, "Carlisle" she muttered her eyes closing when a hand abruptly hit her shoulder. The force of it made her screech, "Helen!" A panicked voice stirred her to her senses.

Helen's eyes burst open, her gaunt sickly looking expression reflected in the golden eyes of Marcellus Cullen. His lips quivered with a loud sigh of relief, his eyes searched over her face. His fingers traced across her chin and cheek as he noticed the colour was returning. Her pink cheeks blossomed, his close proximity backed away shortly. The edge of the bed dented under him.

"Marcel" Her voice croaked, raspy & dry.

Her eyes darted to his hands when he lifted a glass of water towards her. Her fingers graced over the cup, clenching it as he let go. She lifted the edge to her lips and swallowed a sip. She hastily glanced around noticing the time to read 12:00 a.m. she frowned turning to look at him "Where's Carlisle? And how did you know?" her question slid off her tongue, referring to the distress she had.

"He's on his way. I already called him, I think it is best he explain" Marcel said standing to his feet but her finger slipped around the loop of his long sleeve shirt tugging at it. "No your not going to leave and not say shit Marcel, I'm not Bella. No one is going to leave me hanging" Helen snapped at him, she was a grown adult not some child they can walk circles around. Marcellus sighed loudly ,"We misunderstood your ability as a telepath, under extreme distress you can communicate in someone minds, albeit someone your close to" He told her seeing a frown.

"Close to some one? Did everyone here my screams?" Helen glanced around looking for the rest of the clan.

"Seemingly just me, I was closer to your home. Everyone else is out, Alice called soon after I heard your voice. She felt it in her gut" Marcel said eyeing Helen as she continues to swallow more water eagerly. Helen lifted the cup more, swallowing the last few drops of the water before placing the cup down on the table. She sighed seeing Marcel eyeing the human, "will you stop looking at me like I'm some fragile woman" she told him.