CHAPTER FORTY-TWO | ECLIPSE ✓

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴀᴅɪꜱᴇ
(mature theme, 17+)

THE VIEW OF WATERY DEPTHS BELOW STIRRED A THOUSAND BUTTERFLIES; IN THE depth of Helen's stomach as she gazed out past the horizon of the ocean towards the edge where she saw the sun slowly fading revealing the dark sky that soon followed

THE VIEW OF WATERY DEPTHS BELOW STIRRED A THOUSAND BUTTERFLIES; IN THE depth of Helen's stomach as she gazed out past the horizon of the ocean towards the edge where she saw the sun slowly fading revealing the dark sky that soon followed. She witnessed the rise of the moon just beyond the ocean. Her sea green eyes landed on the island in the distance, she squinted her gaze "Carlisle? What is that place?" She tossed his excusing look. His honey colored eyes flickered over to her, a smile pulling the corners of his lips.

"Welcome to the Swan Isle" Carlisle said grasping her hand in his. Her eyes lit up in astonishment at the name, "Carlisle, what?" She stared at him with a questionable look to her face. Carlisle had this cheeky look on his face, "I bought this island decades ago, I never had a reason to call it anything. Until you" he mentioned, he could see the surprise surrounding her sea green eyes as she gazed down at the dark water below.

"How are we going to get here?" She whispered in shock seeing there was no landing strips. Carlisle grabbed her hands, he lead her down the aisle of the plane. "Wait here" he said with a wink heading over to the cockpit, he slid the door open whispering under his breath. Helen frowned glancing around for their luggage, when she heard a clicking of metal and she glanced up in shock. Carlisle strapped on a backpack adjusting the front suddenly appearing behind her.

"Something you have on your bucket list" His words were laced with excitement as he was notably tying her to his body.

"I better not die" She warned feeling the blood draining from her cheeks as the plane doors open, she heard him laughing behind her "I'm a vampire, what could be safer?" He said grinning placing his hands on her hips, "What about the luggage" She tried to distract him, the nerves were crawling all over her skin "It's on the beach" He said when they jumped. Her screams blasted the air, the cold biting at her exposed flesh.

"Oh my God!!" Helen screeched feeling the wind plundering at her skin and hair as they fell towards the sandy beach below, her body felt jerked back when the parachute launched back hoisting them up. But it wasn't that, she felt herself falling again. She glanced up to see the parachute couldn't withhold a vampires weight, "Carlisle!" She freaked out closing her eyes. Her body halted, a arm grasp hoisted as she heard a loud thump.

Sand flung all around them, Helen peaked out her eye noticing that he was holding her in his arms, and she stared at the whole that was made below them. "what the fuck?" She glared at him due to his deception. He laughed at her, curving his fingers around her waist. "I wasn't going to tell you that the parachute won't hold us" He sniggered, kissing her cheek before he walked over to a lit path placing her down with her feet digging in the sand.