CHAPTER THREE | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀғᴇ̀

THE DEATH OF WAYLON FORGE WEIGHED HEAVY ON MANY MINDS, EXCEPT THOSE WHO TOOK IT; HELEN sat crossed legged on her bed, a brazen it several papers were spread across her sheets with notes inked on by her bare hands

THE DEATH OF WAYLON FORGE WEIGHED HEAVY ON MANY MINDS, EXCEPT THOSE WHO TOOK IT; HELEN sat crossed legged on her bed, a brazen it several papers were spread across her sheets with notes inked on by her bare hands. What had killed Waylon Forge? The question was the big picture of her article, the one thing Jensen wanted an answer to, or he wanted more than the actual answer given. Her fingers lifted the line page of notes, flipping it over to the next blank page. She was stumped, her quilled pen hovered over the page, a droplet of ink fell and splattered across the paper.

Helen groaned, flopping against her pillows staring at the bare white ceiling of her bedroom, her eyes strayed to each round barrel of a circle on the roof, small specks filtered across. She counted, one through five closing her eyes for rest for a second. Helen didn't get breathe when her phone vibrated, she sighed thinking it was her boss. She was ready to throw her phone when she glanced at the screen seeing it was unknown. Helen frowned when she remembered this morning, a faint feeling of excitement pressed against her gut "Hello," she answered.

A slight pick up of sound could be heard for a second, her heart thumped faster than the normal until a voice spoke "Hello Helen, it's Carlisle. Dr Cullen, did you still want to meet at the cafè for the interview" His voice was kind, seemingly genuine and it stirred these jumbled feelings of anxiety in her stomach. Helen was a lost for words, her silence on her side of the call could mean one of confusion for Carlisle, or so she thought.

"Helen?" His voice wavered with a tone of concern for her silence.

The sound of his voice brought her to reality, she didn't want to dwell long in her own thoughts "Right of course! Sorry I was looking through my emails" The lie slid easily off her tongue, her smile curved the corners of her mouth. The brunette rushed to her closet, "It's quite alright. I know my call was sudden and probably caught you off so guard seeing I only saw you an hour ago" he laughed, it melodic to her ears.

How can a man laugh so, how can she put the words? Perhaps like the ending tune of a song.

"Yes, your call is somewhat shocking as I basically bombarded you at your job" Helen was a tad remorseful, more so on Edward since he promised to keep her secret just until she would tell Charlie and Bella. Carlisle glanced towards his family, those who found it distasteful that the second Swan found herself merging ways to the truth, the god honest truth that could end her life.

Carlisle felt somewhat protective over Helen Swan, an innocent human who was grazing the foothold of the truth. He just had to lead her astray, just plant a false story into the actual story. He'd never expect her to find a way between his eyes, one whose prone to them herself. The depth of his gold eyes met his adoptive daughter, Rosalie whose blackened eyes lit like a blaze of fiery.