CHAPTER FOURTEEN | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴇʀᴏɴᴇ

THE WASHINGTON STATE FLORIST WITH STORMS OF EVERY KIND, THE DARK PASTEL GREY CLOUDS SHIFTED WITH thunder rumbling the sky, the cloud flickered with bluish yellow lights before a loud crackle filtered the sky

THE WASHINGTON STATE FLORIST WITH STORMS OF EVERY KIND, THE DARK PASTEL GREY CLOUDS SHIFTED WITH thunder rumbling the sky, the cloud flickered with bluish yellow lights before a loud crackle filtered the sky. It burst across the sky one after another. Shifting to the tall mountain ranges, the streets pelleted with rain. The mixture of rain and cement, it filled the breeze and smelt like home to many of the residents. Pairs of eyes peered out the glass windows of their homes, businesses and schools. Forks, Washington was a classic definition for a  potential fire threat from the lightning strikes. The small town High School, Forks High cluttered with rushing students. Piling in through the doors, ushering pass other students.

Out, in the back part of the front parking lot was a parked black Volvo. The tinted windows hid the two figures inside it. The translucent fair skin of Helen Swan peaked with a form of pink blush rising in her cheekbones as Carlisle Cullen leaned close, her eyes closed feeling his lips against her neck. The quick beat of her heart thumped against his lips. Her lips opened to speak but she was lost in her breath as he drew her close to capturing her lips with his own.

"Carlisle" She muttered against his lips.

Carlisle chuckled, he pressed his forehead against hers. His nearly black eyes met her blue green depths, "Principal Greene asked me to stop by" She told him pointedly. Carlisle sighed allowing her to escape his grasp. "He just needs adults to chaperone the students at the dance" He told her smiling cheek to cheek. Helen swiftly gave him a peck on the cheek "You look hungry. Go hunt while I'm in the office. It will be a few minutes before I come back out."

The defeated expression in his eyes made her laugh, "I'll be back" She said getting out of the car opening an umbrella over her head as she jogged over go the high school long after the bell. She hurried into the corridor, her blue green eyes met the fleeting gazes of students eyeing her. "I think that is Bella's older sister. I heard she was coming today" A boy commented whistling at the older woman who rolled her eyes as she descended down the hall towards the main office.

"Jackson knock it off. She's dating Dr Cullen" Tyler Crowley mumbled glaring daggers towards a certain tall lanky Cullen, Edward only smirked as he stood near Bella heading into their shared biology class. Bells angled her head towards Helen whom waved at her baby sister, whom seemed a little flush in the cheeks. Helen huffed as she noticed Edward whispering in Bella's ears who mouth fell open.

"Edward" Helen warned in a low monotone who just laughed at her embarrassment as they disappeared into the teachers classroom.

The corridors quickly emptied from the study body. The hallways reminded Helen of her distant memories from her high school out of Phoenix, Arizona. School of the Cougars, best known football team resided in Phoenix. Faces of former students and teachers, it hung on her mind as she entered the front office.