CHAPTER THIRTEEN | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴀɴ ᴇᴛᴇʀɴɪᴛʏ ᴏғ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇs

THE PERSON'S CHOICE WAS A FEASIBLE THING, A CHOICE THAT CAN SHAPE THEIR FUTURE IN THE MATTER OF HOURS TO YEARS;  THE type of choice depends on the person life, it can change everything they hold dear

THE PERSON'S CHOICE WAS A FEASIBLE THING, A CHOICE THAT CAN SHAPE THEIR FUTURE IN THE MATTER OF HOURS TO YEARSTHE type of choice depends on the person life, it can change everything they hold dear. It was an eternity of thinking with Helen Swan as she sat at her desk typing away on her laptop. Stories lined her emails, Valentina wanted her to pick a major story from a list of fifty. All these stories threw themselves at her. Called to her like a siren in the depths of the ocean. Her blue green eyes trailed word for word over files about murders, sexual assault and robbery. All of it was the same. Story after story.

Her eyes strained with a ounces of pain, the nerves in her temple pulsating with each beat of her heart. She tapped her finger nails along the edge of her desk. Her lips pressed together as she came to the second to last file. She blinked in shock, her eyes moved over evidence packed on a six page file of a Professor the University of Elmbridge. A professor Grey was spotted forcing students with bad grades to do unspeakable things with her. Although it was like the others, Helen caught sight thay several of her students had turn up missing.

Her desk phone chimed, she picked it up after two rings "I just picked a story. How does the one from Seattle about the university professor sound?" She told Valentina who whistled "I knew you would find the tough one. Your the only one who goes through all the stories I send. I put your name on the board for that one" Her boss said getting ready to end the call "Good work Swan"

Helen glanced back at her laptop, she barely touched her keyboard when she smelt a floral type of perfume invade her space. Her eyebrows lifted, examining around her when she saw Keila standing over her with a clown mask. Helen blinked, her mouth fell open in laughter "Are you trying to scare me Rochester" she asked the short haired Blondie.

Keila huffed, her brown eyes softened at Helen's amusement "I failed like usual. I feel like nothing these days scare you" Keila mumbled pulling up a chair resting her chin on the palm of her hand holding herself up on her elbow. Helen thought for a moment, if your surrounded by vampires that is "I am just a lucky person" She said smiling.

Work was just another feasible thing, Helen felt that the lies of her world was impacting on her, a sensation that vibrated under her fingertips. She felt the energy around her stir, to the point she can snap it under the palm of her hand. Her blue green eyes lifted when she heard the main chime of the door. A smile spread across her lips as Carlisle came over passing security with a visitor badge granted by Valentina.

"El" He said ignoring the awestruck gazes of Janet, Keila and Keith who stared at the vampire as he pulled a chair towards his girlfriend.  Carlisle Cullen was a diamond in the rough, his smile radiated the room with his charm. His Cheshire smile swooned most women that glanced his way.

And he was all her's.

"Hello" Helen said with the corners of her lips growing into a radiant grin.

The illuminating glow in her blue green eyes were one of mischief and excitement as he met her gaze, the gold pools of honey seemed perplexed, he caught sight of slightly yellow flecks around her pupils that he hadn't notice before. Her gaze shifted, seeing the change in his eyes "Something wrong?" She asked him sweetly.