CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR | NEW MOON ✓

ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ

THE HUE OF THE NORTHERN NIGHT SKY THAT RANGED OVER WASHINGTON TO ALASKA WAS glorifying; the short haired brunette gazed out the tinted glass window at the sight of the thousand of stars littered across the dark sky

THE HUE OF THE NORTHERN NIGHT SKY THAT RANGED OVER WASHINGTON TO ALASKA WAS glorifying; the short haired brunette gazed out the tinted glass window at the sight of the thousand of stars littered across the dark sky. The hue of it reflected in the depths of her eyes, she leaned back in the leathered seat of her boyfriend's car "Why does this have to be so beautiful" She complained groaning. Her eyes swiftly handed on Carlisle whose face stretched in a grin, "Welcome to the snowy landscape of Alaska" He told her shaking his head at her amused at the frown on her face. She just shook her head at him, "we should move here"

The evident of his grin quickly grew wider, "I say once we are clear to disappear" he said with a kindred smile patting her leg with his free hand. "Right, when I fake my death. Like Joanne" The thought of her best friend put a frown on her face. She still cared about Jo, but the disagreement with El's love life had put a stain on it. Sensing the sudden sadness, he gave her a squeeze to her thigh "It will be fine, you two will make up in no time. You have all of eternity" He told her, his eyes moved to the next exit they had to take.

The thing was, Helen wanted to believe that. She was good at holding grudges unfortunately, the woman never seemed to get past that trait. Especially with the festering grudge she has against Marcellus and now this Laurent person. Helen gently clasped his hand, sending a gentle smile at him. "Maybe if I get the chance, I'll invite her to our wedding" She said nearly wanting to tear up knowing that her parents won't be there. Especially her father Charlie, El figured she invite her mother despite their estranged relationship but it be for Bella.

"The future isn't set in stone El, maybe your family will be able to attend" He said eyeing seeing the reflection of her eyes.

"What about Bella?" Helen whispered, her eyes dared to meet his. "Soon enough she might find happiness again. I do not doubt their love for one another, yet Edward pushed it away for her safety" Carlisle replied pulling into the first town off the high way seeing how tired Helen was getting. "Let us stop for the night and rest of a hotel" he suggested pulling into a regular small inn with a sign open for vacancy. 

Helen mumbled something under her breath at the quaint cottage style inn. If anything, the one thing she got from her mother was the irritation for smaller things. The young woman unbuckled herself while Carlisle left to go into the main office to rent out a room. Helen opened the car door reaching for her luggage when the hair on the back of her neck stood up. Her eyes moved out to the outline of the woods that surrounded them.

The forest fell silent around her, she lowered her suitcase to the rocky gravel below her heeled boots. "El?" The voice of her boyfriend called out to her, Helen jumped in shock turning to see Carlisle out with the keys dangling in the palm of his hand. His golden eyes glimmered in the shadows, she could see the worry laced in them. "Oh you got it" Helen proclaimed lifting her bag and shutting the passenger door.