CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE | BREAKING DAWN ✓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍
mature content: 18+

THE SMALLEST DROP OF RAIN FELL AMONGST THE FOREST TERRAIN, DEEP WOODS GLISTENED WITH A WET SHINE; THE scent of cooking honey glazed barbequed steak filled the outline barrier of a open kitchen

THE SMALLEST DROP OF RAIN FELL AMONGST THE FOREST TERRAIN, DEEP WOODS GLISTENED WITH A WET SHINE; THE scent of cooking honey glazed barbequed steak filled the outline barrier of a open kitchen. The blue grey walls lined with pictures of families, the smallest picture frame of a bridal shower party was evident on the corner of the wall. The delicious scent of the cooking steak was a good smell to that of Helen Swan.

Her short cropped shoulder length dark hair swayed with curls, her face lightly done with make-up. She loved the smell of Carlisle's cooking, she knew it will only last for the next month or two. Her immortal life will begin very soon. Helen hand gently wrapped around the corner of the light stone granite countertop, she bent down opening up a dark stained cabinet door with ease.

Her delicate fingers searched for the cream pasta in the back of the cabinet , she found the brown beans first. She grinned knowing it would be Charlie's favorite especially on the steak Carlisle's was cooking. Helen finally found the cream pasta tossing both to Carlisle who caught very easily. "Has Charlie expressed his annoyance at not coming over until now."

The tip tone of his voice made her eyes flicker to his "I told him you were making renovations on the house" she said as she & him were merely a mile down the Cullen residence and she may have passed the idea to her father that he would be the first one seeing the place. She saw a smile form on her husband face, she rolled her eyes playfully as she got the pots out for Carlisle, cooking seemed more for him. She reached over capturing his lips lovingly, she chuckled as he pulled her closer.

The chime of the front door ringing came to their ears "You devil you could have told me he was driving up the road" she laughed a bit as she unlocked her arms from around feeling his hand smacking her aśs playfully to which she glares at him "You distract all sound around me" He said winking at her.

"Carlisle" She sighed in defeat.

The woman parted ways as she jogged to the front door, she fixed her turtleneck jumpsuit, the slick long sleeves rolled up to her elbows with a few buttons undone on her shirt. The scent of her father's cologne rolling through the wind that brushed the curtains open. She grinned unlocking the front door opening it for Charlie "Hey dad" She grinned as Charlie pulled her into a giant hug.

"Hey El" He whispered running his hands over his daughters back as his hand patted her back in a delicate embrace. He smiled pressing his lips to her temple "Smells like something is cooking" He said with a laugh earning his daughter breathtaking grin.

"Carlisle is cooking steak, brown beans and cream pasta. Our favorites combined" Helen replied as she lead him inside. The interior of the home was as stellar as the outside. The home brought out that Forks feeling, the dark stained paneling with bold windows on each side of the house with their wrap around deck. The walls lined with a cream colour, behind with a grey couch set up with stained in-table. His brown eyes fell to the tv playing soft melodic song, the tv hung on a mount, the wall was wooden, dark stain as the house.