CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE | NEW MOON ✓

ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘʀɪɴɢ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇɴᴅꜱ

THE DREADFUL TIME THAT SPRAWLED OUT BY THE HOUR, THE MINUTES; AND the seconds that ticked by

THE DREADFUL TIME THAT SPRAWLED OUT BY THE HOUR, THE MINUTES; AND the seconds that ticked by. The day that came and went where Helen Swan stalked up and down her hallways of her home. The wood floors weighing down with the force of her feet stomping over the edges. It creaked and it croaked by the time she finished every hour or so. Her sea green eyes were spiteful, her fingers drummed along the wooden coffee table of her home. She heard her back door open, she nearly jumped to her feet when she saw her fiance "Where's Bella?"

The first question slid off her tongue, the anger boiled in her veins when she had not heard from her little sister in two days. She ran a hand through the mass of her knotted hair. She hadn't taken a shower or brushed her teeth, she felt disgusting. "Edward called, they just landed in Port Angeles they will be here in an hour" Carlisle promised her. The tears sprung to her eyes as she ran over to him and threw her arms around him kissing him all over his face, "I love you" she whispered holding him close.

"Let's get you ready" Carlisle whispered seeing the pale pallor of her skin, the tiredness in her sea green eyes even her lips appeared dried. He carried her over to the bathroom, he saw how her eyes remained closed as he undressed her easily. He placed her in the warm bath, "I'm going to help" he said with a small whisper. Helen nodded her head feeling the metal comb of hers. Carlisle combed it through her hair as she rubbed her body soap and layered her body. She felt her hair fall against the nape of her neck.

Helen poured a quarter spot of shampoo in her hand, "Thank you" she whispered staring at him as she scrubbed it into her hair. He leaned over capturing her lips, "I will make you some soup" he told her softly and disappeared from the bathroom. She massaged the soap into her scalp, enjoying the feeling of it. She let herself go and sink into the water washing away the shampoo and soap. Her eyes blinked open watching the ripples of water.

It flowed Effortlessly over her, El lifted herself out grasping her conditioner she drizzled a decent amount in the palm of her hand. She scrunched the ends of her hair, rolling it and massaging it in the ends and near her roots. She let it sit for the first ten minutes before she drenched her hair under the water rubbing the conditioner out.

Helen grabbed a towel wrapping it around her body and stepped out of the bath-tub. She grabbed a hand towel patting it over her hair before her hand searched for her blow dryer. She was lost in her own little world, combing her wet hair as heat danced across it. She stared at her reflection in the mirror for a longest time, taking the sight of her own eyes for seemingly as if it was the last time. Helen heard a knock at the door, her lips open to call out but his thoughts trickled in.

It's me, his voice sounded like a gentle windchime. Helen grasped the knob to the bathroom door twisting it open. Carlisle stepped in handing her a pair of clothing. Helen fingers slid over the cotton fabric "Thank you" she said allowing him to come in as she picked up her make-up bag. She brushed a tiny bristle brush through her eyelashes painting them black. She plumped her lips and put on her red lipstick with ease smacking them together.