CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN | BREAKING DAWN ✓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

THE MORNING DEW OF A FROSTED SAP from the chilly night fell from a tree; A haze of old smoke lifted from the burned oak wood in a stoned fire place

THE MORNING DEW OF A FROSTED SAP from the chilly night fell from a tree; A haze of old smoke lifted from the burned oak wood in a stoned fire place. A deep chill ran in the core of the home of the youngest Cullen family, Helen Swan conjured one room for little Daphne Cullen with the walls to the palest colour of a luscious velvet. White wood dresser, counter where the diaper changes will happen. The crib for her daughter was wooden, redwood stained and tough. The coverings were grey, a single bear was situated with the sleeping frame of Daphne.

Carlisle and Helen had left in the night to collect their children. Her husband, he left to his own devices. Carpet was soft under her toes as she sat a rocking chair down, it was light as a feather. Her dark hair was pulled to a swift messy bun, her ruby eyes strained a bit as she eyes the room across the hall. Carlisle had painted the walls a deep rich ocean blue, book shelves of comics and other books. A counter was divulged for changing diapers and a similar crib that of Daphne's with only green coverings for Nicholas.

The children slept soundly and splendidly as the couple checked often on their children.  Their eyes often met, with a occasional moment they spent their time together.  The twins grew exceptional rate by the next flowing days and it slightly bothered the vampires but Helen deduced that it was cause of their vampire heritage which causes the alarming rate.

Helen eyes settled on Carlisle who appeared to lean against the wooden frame as his arms crossed "Leah is here. She promised to take the twins to Marcellus and Esme's" He stated signing with a bit of relief. The children slept through the night easily, no trouble stired the two for the first couple of days after their birth. "We are going back?" Helen frowned a bit as she wanted to stay at their home for more nights to come.

"We need to plan El. You and Bella are vampires. You can't expose yourselves or lash out. Charlie will need to grieve" Carlisle muttered softly with a sad look to his eyes.

Her heart faltered, tears would have pricked her eyes but it was dry. Her throat clenched, the disgust ran deep at the thought of taking another human life. "Have you heard anything over the radio chatter? Do you think they suspect" Helen whispered adjusting the sleeves of her orange tattered turtleneck. She saw Carlisle press the palm of his hands to her cheek "Your safe. The twins are safe. The treaty is still safe" He whispered as a knock came at the door.

The two halted listening, the steady heartbeat thumped with blood pulsing in their ears, the distance of warmth sprawled out and it felt like the fire from the night before. The scent of dog warped around their nostrils, Helen frowned every so softly as she walked to the door, her fingers interlocking around the doorknob with ease securing a grip before twisting and opening.

"Hey Leah" Helen said smiling as her eyes landed on the shapeshifter.

The discomfort was evident in Leah's eyes, lit up at the ruby eye sight of the dark haired vampire who merely just blinked her eyes a bit. The discomfort was masked with friendly glow in her eyes, a grin spread across her lips as Carlisle swooped in with Nicholas and Daphne in hand as their eyes locked.