CHAPTER THIRTY | NEW MOON ✓

ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪʟɪᴇꜱ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ

PERHAPS IT WAS THE WILL OR THE FIGHT THAT DAY, HELEN SWAN carried herself into her company with confidence, with authority

PERHAPS IT WAS THE WILL OR THE FIGHT THAT DAY, HELEN SWAN carried herself into her company with confidence, with authority. Her eyes heavy with respect as she greeted each member of her staff by the time she reached the elevator, she pressed the button to go up. Her sea green eyes watched it open and she stepped in turning and facing the entrance. She slid her hands evenly over the handle of her briefcase, her heels clicked together. Her eyes flickered over to the doors opening once more and she stepped off on the second floor.

"No stairs today?" A voice chimed next to her, Helen turned to noticed a familiar face, "The heels say no today James. As much as I want to risk my neck, just can't do" Helen replied with a slight sarcastic tone to her voice although her gaze screamed amusement. James snickered, his dark eyes slid over her neck "Couldn't ruin a pretty neck like yours" he stated with a charming smile.

Helen offered a quaint smile, the corners of her lips lifted slightly at his comment. Her stomach dropped, and she rubbed the back of her neck feeling a little more awkward than usual. "Yeah of course" She had a low laugh stepping towards her office, "You have a good day James, I have to get to working on a few articles" She left the conversation hanging with her words as she walked merely two steps when a hand clasp around her wrist.

The fear spiked in her heart, goosebumps raising over the first layer of her skin. Hair standing on end, she turned a cheek. Eyes locking with his dark gaze, something primal stirred in them. He was like a canvas piece, unknown and blank. "There are a few things I like to discuss with you actually, perhaps over lunch?" He asked with a hesitant smile.

A flicker of life could light a candle in his gaze which were pools of blackness. Helen pulled her hand from his grasp, the tightness of his grip leaving red marks that were slowly fading. "I have plans with my fiance" she stated, her eyes blank. She swallowed down the fear, the uncomfortable sensation she had around him. "If you want to have a discussion, we can have it at the board meeting this Friday? Like usual" She said with her smile.

Like usual? The thought made her scoff. The meeting she had established with her employees to discuss possible changes or articles they have submitted. Basically what ideas were great or what ideas were trash. A way of communicating with the company on a healthy manor. James inhaled a deep breath nodding his head, his smile turned grim "Yes of course, we should definitely do that" He replied, Helen looked at him. Her gaze never left him, he was just blank. She couldn't get a read on him and it caused the fear to squeeze her heart right out.

"Fantastic, just send me the details" Helen then walked away hurrying to her office.

The glass door twinged back with a jolt when she pushed her key in and twisted it awkwardly. The door unlocked and she opened it shutting it behind her. Helen nearly stumbled over to her desk, she pulled out her seat and sat down. Her laptop opened with the touch of her finger, her reflection stared back at her. Through the black screen of her laptop she saw that all color was drained from her face. Her heart was beating rapidly, she had no idea why a part of her felt like this. She rubbed her hand over her face.