CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT | NEW MOON ✓

ꜰᴀᴄᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ
(quick A-N; I forgot where Helen really worked, I will make changes, she works in Port Angeles)

ꜰᴀᴄᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ(quick A-N; I forgot where Helen really worked, I will make changes, she works in Port Angeles)

THE FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY WAS A TREMENDOUS WAR; THAT SECRETLY wages on between Seattle & Port Angeles Times. The quick banter between companies begun when Helen Swan took control of Port Angeles Times and pushed an offer to change the name of the company. The brunette strolled through the hallway of her home, her lips turned sinister & playful when she saw Carlisle draping over her couch. Her sea green eyes landed on her fiance "why do you have to look so deviously handsome" Her words were smooth and delicate.

The golden hue in Carlisle Cullen's eyes darkened to a moist honey color, oozing with black pools of shadows at her words. His lips curled, threatening to say something when the chime of her phone vibrated in her back pocket. The gleam of annoyance shines in her eyes, Helen lifted her phone to her ear. She muttered a few okays and dates before she settled a glare, "What is it?" He asked her coming to her side.

A sigh parted her lips "They decided to go with my idea of changing the company's name" Helen said seeing her fiance meeting her eyes "Didn't you want that?"  he asked her simply wrapping his arms around her waist tugging her closer against his chest. "Yes but they went with other name, instead of Port's Inc. the CEO proposed Arthur's Inc" Helen rolled her eyes.

Carlisle laughed "Wasn't that the founder of the company?" He looked at her.

Helen gleefully nodded her head "Ronald Arthur was his name, his grandson James has recently taken over this month" Helen said glancing down at the clock. She mumbled under her breath, "He's coming in either today or tomorrow " Helen mumbled glancing around her living room.

"All will be well El" Carlisle ran his hands down her shoulders comfortingly. She turned slightly, her lips curled in the attempt to smile "you always the one who always positive" Helen sighed leaning over and gave him a quick gentle kiss.

She felt the cold touch of his hand against her cheek, her eyes closed enjoying the affectionate touch. "The coven will be lucky to have you with us" Carlisle told her with a wide smile, her eyes peeled open and a small smile pulled on the corner of her lips. "As much I want to stay here, in your arms. I best be off" she told him giving a kiss.

The two parted ways outside of her house and she disappeared into her jeep, pushing the key into the ignition and allowed her truck to heat up. She peeled out of her driveway, into Plymouth Ave; her sea green eyes shifted over to any incoming traffic.  She drove off towards the Highway, she sighed rubbing her temples when her phone begun to ring.

Helen placed it against her dashboard hooking it to her ear piece "Hello" The tune of her voice was questioning. A shuffle on the other end hurt her ears, she squinted her eyes in annoyance "Hello?" she asked for a final time. "Helen!" The voice sounded on the other end breathless, and hectic depsite the soft giggles in the background.