CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO | NEW MOON ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʟɪɴᴇs

JANUARY, THE FIRST FINE MONTH OF A NEW YEAR

JANUARY, THE FIRST FINE MONTH OF A NEW YEAR. THE GROWING NUMBER OF STORIES CAME WITHIN A DAY; HOUR by hour it grew to exceeding amount of numbers. A dark haired woman stared out the glossy glass window of her upstairs bedroom down at the forest below, her eyes screwed in on the distant ghastly shape in the woods that followed in the steps of the shadows. Her eyes blinked and then the figured disappeared. Her lips parted in shock, she jumped in freight at the sound of her front door opening.

"Hel?" The voice of her father came below the second floor level. Relief fluttered through her entire being. Helen forgotten her father was coming by this hour in the morning. She ran a hand over her short hair, adjusting her jean overalls finishing buttoning them up. She jogged down the steps, "Hey dad" she greeted him throwing her hands around his neck and gave him a tight embrace before stepping back.

"How's Bella doing?" Helen asked her father taking the grocery bag he set down on the coffee table. The brunette grinned seeing a jar of pickles she had been craving. Unfortunately the start of year landed Helen sick in bed, and not being able to leave her house since the flu hit her months early well it was late from the year before. She whisked a tissue out of the box and wiped it under her nose feeling a trickle.

Charlie grimaced making his daughter laugh at his expense. "She managed to make her life a little better. Billy has been telling me she is stopping by and spending time with Jacob. She hanging with her high school friends again" Charlie scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

Helen Swan shrugged her shoulders and picked out the jar of pickles. She opened it swiftly, she took out a piece and took bites out of it eagerly taking the rest of the bag of groceries. Her father followed behind her into the kitchen, "How has the doctor been doing?" He asked eyeing his daughter with a little content.

"Carlisle is fine. He feels better knowing that others won't question him" Helen said shrugging her shoulders. Charlie nodded his head glancing at his daughter for a brief moment "Bella will be heading down to Billy's. Want to go with her? I can't join, I have a shift. Billy invited all of us for dinner" Charlie said scratching his head.

Helen's blue green eyes shifted to her fathers face then down to the jar of pickles in her hand. She weighed the option to stay indoors and enjoy her pickles while watching NCIS or attending an evening with free food and company. Her gaze drifted back to her father mumbled something under her breath "Fine I'll go, but Billy better be making his famous stew" Helen grumbled stuffing the rest of the chomped up pickle into her mouth.

She placed the groceries into the cabinets and fridge before handing her father the forty dollars she owed him. Charlie gently laid a kiss on her forehead "Tell me about the dinner later, I expect good things El" he told her seeing her eyes roll playfully ",Of course" she joked heading toward the upstairs of her house.

The front door of her house was closed and locked behind Charlie as he left the house. Helen reached her bedroom door unlocking it with ease, she pushed her closet door opened eyeing her clothes for the weather of the month. There was still a chill in the air as she sniffled. She eyed her turtleneck top, the sleeves itself was laced. She looped her finger through the cotton material of her shirt tossing it on the bed with a matching green bra and underwear with a pair of high waisted skinny jeans and her boots.