CHAPTER TEN | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴀ ᴅɪᴘ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ

THE OF METALLIC RUST HUNG IN THE AIR, IRON SCENTED BLOOD CLUNG TO THE PARTICLES OF ARIZONA'S AIR, THE limp body of a woman was tied to a metal chair

THE OF METALLIC RUST HUNG IN THE AIR, IRON SCENTED BLOOD CLUNG TO THE PARTICLES OF ARIZONA'S AIR, THE limp body of a woman was tied to a metal chair. Her hands tied behind her, blood dripped from her cuts along her wrists. Her matted hair dried from a small cut over her temple where blood had dried. Her breathing had shallowed, her heart was slowly beating fight to keep a fast pace. Hushed voices echoed around, it was deafening like a repeating record player. It was crackling, spurts of sounds fluctuated all around. A explosion of nerves boiled under the skin when a cold hand touched the woman's face.

The scent of her blood rich in pressure, not as tempting to smell. Her eyes fluttered open, blood shot from the trauma exposed on her head. Her blue green eyes found the source of blood red eyes staring back at her. Her mouth fell open to scream but was muffled by his cold grasp of a hand. "Your awake, good" His voice was taunting. His eyes were predatory, glowering at her misery & freight.

"What do you want" Her words were a mere whisper, delicate.

"What I want?" he asked pulling her chair towards him, metal screeching across the ground. "What I want is your sister. I won't let another one get away" His voice changed, darkening "That pixie haired one, I knew her back in 1920" The shock filled her eyes. James trailed a finger over her cheek smearing the dry blood against his finger tip. "Right they haven't told you. I would suspect that you would know but your not part of that coven as Bella is" His sickening sweet smile broadened.

"You leave my sister alone" Adrenaline spiked in her very core, she bravely met his eyes but it shrunk when he grabbed her by the neck.

"Do you know what I am? Have you guessed it by now" James demanded digging his fingers into her shoulder. Helen muffled her cry at the pain exploding in her shoulder from his grasp "Redhead said you were vampires. That's not possible" Helen said but her mouth closed as he slammed a fist into a pillar causing it to give way under the pressure of his hand and it crumbled all around. Helen wiggled in her seat, trying to get away but he stopped her, drumming a finger along her cheek.

His eyes moved over her, measuring her up with his gaze "It's very much possible and your sister been cozing up to one for awhile. I wonder how long is would take to turn her, but no, she's going to die" James laughed at her horrified expression, "Tonight" He snagged at her chin lifting her face up, "I wish I spotted you first. To know how important you are to their leader" He let go of her digging in his pocket taking out a cellphone, he pulled out a tv turning it on.

Horror flashed through her eyes as she saw the younger face of her mouth and she was calling for Bella. Helen glanced to see James putting a finger to her mouth, "Guess who I have" He said. Helen wanted to speak but couldn't, she wanted to shout that he was a liar. "Oh she isn't the only one. Helen would you like to say hi" James pushed the cold metal of the phone to Helen's ear. Tears sprung to her eyes, "El?" It was Bella's voice, tired and scared.