CHAPTER FORTY-THREE | ECLIPSE ✓

ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ

THE MONTH OF MAY AROSE OVER THE HORIZON, THE MORNING SUN fell over the glimpse of the hills

THE MONTH OF MAY AROSE OVER THE HORIZON, THE MORNING SUN fell over the glimpse of the hills. The rays of the sunlight caused a burst of shadows beyond the trees and housing of the surrounding area. The young woman, whose sea green eyes reflected with sadness and worry encircled her gaze. The thumping of her heart trickled and pulsated in her very being. Her red coated lips pressed together in a fine line, the crinkle of her forehead produced by a frown. Helen traced back and forth as her eyes continued to stare out into the woods, her lips parted inhaling a deep breath.

The sound of a low chime sound reached her ears, Helen walked over to her laptop clicking on the section of her emails. She exhaled that deep breath, her hand slightly shaky as she clicked onto the newest email. Her eyes quickly widened with astonishment filling every fiber of her being. Her hand slightly raised, covering her mouth as it settled in. Her eyes glimmered with excitement, she dove for her phone searching her contact list. Her eyes landed on his name, her thumb gliding across the screen.

Helen dialed her husband's phone, wary of what she would tell him. He was quick to answer, "El?" He whispered her name ever so softly which made Helen grin to herself, "Guess what" she said as she sat down, calming her anxiety down a little bit. The anxious feeling raised her blood pressure a bit, the nausea in her gut signified that. "What?" He asked. Carlisle exhaled a deep breath, Helen could just picture the worry etched in his face.

"Arthur Inc. offered to buy me out of my position" Helen said with a slight smile and a tad annoyance circulating her eyes. It's been two weeks since she had returned to work, and the offer fell to her lap. "Do you know why?" Carlisle asked confused on the other end as he came to a halt. "the publicity of the CEO trying to get me murdered made world news" Helen said shuffling through her emails with ease.

"How much are they offering?" The question echoed from his mind faster then it rolled off his tongue. Helen peaked at her email, "A whole year salary so that I have time to find a better job" El said using her fingers as quotation despite her husband can't magically see her through the phone. The sigh in his voice had sunken a feeling in Helen's stomach but she pushed past it, "First time technically being laid off but I got a job offer after my story made headlines"

"Good, doing what?" He questioned.

"A correspondent for the White House" Helen said with ease, she heard an intake of breath, she could basically sense the astonishment. "That is amazing" He told his wife, "What about Washington, are we moving?" he asked her feeling a sadness dwelling in his heart. "That is something they want in the future, but they are okay with me going state to state like I did with my job in Seattle " Helen sat up from her chair.