CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE | NEW MOON ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʀꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴀᴠᴇꜱ

THE IDEOLOGY OF ONE'S WORTH, COURAGE & THEIR WILL TO CARRY ON WAS; what kept Helen Clarice Swan smiling that night

THE IDEOLOGY OF ONE'S WORTH, COURAGE & THEIR WILL TO CARRY ON WAS; what kept Helen Clarice Swan smiling that night. It could have been the course of the water she laid in, or the feeling of the sun beaming down on her that early morning. Or it was that night where her screams terrified her beyond recognition. When a part of her died beyond the dark abyss. When she nearly took her last breath- Helen burst awake that morning, eyes beaming blood-shot red. Her lips quivered from the cold breeze that drifted in past her open curtains.

Helen pulled off the blankets that were attached to her hip and sticking to her skin from the sweat. She inhaled a long breath of fresh air when she stood by her window, goosebumps rose over her flesh. She exhaled a shuttering one in defense from the cold breeze. She shut the window close grabbing her silk & cotton robe wrapping it firmly around her body when she glanced around her bedroom for a familiar face.

Helen did not wait long when her door cracked open and Carlisle had a look of worry in his face as his hands cupped her cheeks. "You alright? A nightmare?" He asked her simultaneously in one sentence she tends to forget he doesn't even breath.  Helen patted at his hand, "Yeah I'm okay. Just an old memory" she brushed her hand over the back of her neck yawning.

"You sure El?" He whispered leaning down he captured her lips with his own in a smoldering yet gentle kiss. Helen eased into his embrace, she snuggled into his torso being engulfed by his arms. "I am quite sure. I just need a relaxing day. Perhaps I should call off from work?" She suggested with a subtle wink to her fiance.

"Unfortunately you have a big event today. Isn't some members of the Federal Bureau of Investigation coming down?" Carlisle asked seeing the glint in her eyes. Helen rolled her eyes in that moment "You can just say FBI" Helen told him remembering the night before she received an email from the HR department about the change in plans. "do you think it's about that Masen guy?" He asked her leading her towards her kitchen. The batch of scones filled with blueberries filled her nose.

Helen excitedly raced to her kitchen perching herself up on the stool and fancied herself a glass of orange pressed juice. "It had to be. He escaped two days prior and FBI decides to show up?" She said with a shrug to her shoulders, "I am just glad I don't have to fly out to Seattle, they can come to me" Helen declared taking a bite of the scone. The flavor danced around her tongue and moaned at the delicious taste. Her fiance leaned over, "I think I should be the only one that causes you to make that sound" he whispered with a slight teasing glint in his eyes.

"Don't be a tease" she gave him a sweet kiss.

"I can make it a reality" Carlisle whispered against her lips, he saw her quivered under her touch. He ran a hand through her hair, tucking a few strands behind her ear. "I have to get back to New York soon. I escaped enough shifts already" He muttered when she looked at him through her uplifting sea green eyes. She then smiled "I suppose" She hummed when she finished her scone "Before we part ways" she nodded to him.