CHAPTER FORTY | ECLIPSE ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴄᴀᴅᴇ

THE TWENTY-THIRD OF APRIL VASTLY APPROACHED, THE IMPENDING WEDDING; WAS RAPIDLY sinking in

THE TWENTY-THIRD OF APRIL VASTLY APPROACHED, THE IMPENDING WEDDING; WAS RAPIDLY sinking in. The haze of congratulations were being round up by the horde of letters that where address to Helen's household. Her attention had been brought to the screen of her laptop as she opened email after email. Unfortunately, she saw some emails from Joanne's family that she replied to. She felt a quake of pain in her heart, she knew Jo felt envy towards the situation. A wedding where El's parents can attend. A simple wedding at the Parterre. Her eyes darted over to her living room, she saw Alice, Rosalie & Esme all shuffling around the dresses in their respective packaging.

"Helen" Alice called to her friend, the ordinary human girl was going to be taking on a whole new family shortly. They will be officially be family on paper, documented and signed. Alice already saw the woman like a sister, but to eyes of law, Helen would be their stepmother; in terms of adoption. El moved towards the kitchen, her laptop secured between her elbow and forearm pressed against her chest "Yeah?"

"We need to get you ready" Alice pointedly stated at her.

The thick dark brown eyebrows furrowed upwards, Helen had a miniature frown on her face. Her lips puckered in defiance, "The wedding is in six hours, I'm not doing a full face blown makeup" El waved her off sending Rosalie an pleading expression. "I want simple; eyeliner, mascara, lashes & lipstick" She said glaring at the both of them. "Rosalie can do my hair since she is great at it, I am not a fan of buns or ponytails unless it's time for bed" She said running a hand through her shoulder length hair.

There was not much to be done, she sighed. "I was thinking something simple, hair extensions and wavy, over the shoulder" Rosalie demonstrated with her own hair. Helen had a small smile curving the corner of her lips. She shuffled her feet across the hardwood floor, plopping down in the hair "Alright, shall we get started?"

Rosalie and Alice had this smug expression on their faces. Helen watched as Rosalie started first, she brushed a comb through her hair parting several sections layer by layer. "These extensions are able to sleep in and wash, like ordinary hair" She commented with a promising smile. El watched her place pin to pin connecting the extension to her actual hair. The colour contrast of the dark brown was astonishing perfect for her hair, it matched perfectly.

The hair extensions took roughly two hours tops leaving the woman four eyes to get Helen dolled up for the actual event. "My turn!" Alice had this expression glimmering in her eyes. "How about a little amount of eyeshadow? We can keep it natural?" She asked Helen hopefully making the human budge. A groan parted her lips, "Fine" Helen said seeing Alice excitedly grabbing her makeup bag. She quickly did a beige cream eyeshadow over Helen's eyes. Putting a neat line of the black eyeliner with a smooth wing design.

Alice applied the natural looking eyelashes over her eyelid with clear eyelash glue, and brushed a simple red lipstick over helps plump pink lips. Helen was turned around to face a mirror, and the tears welled in her eyes threatening to ruin Alice's perfect design. "No to tears, breath in and blind your eyes rapidly" Alice warned her. "You guys did beautifully" El said with a smile on her face as she waved some air at her face.