CHAPTER TWELVE | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴋɪss
mature scene 17+

THE UNDERLYING TRUTH BEHIND CONFESSIONS AND FEELINGS, IT ALWAYS HAD A STEP TO IT, THE NON-EXISTENT barrier was there, a fermented translucent shield that was penetrated many times over the course of many lifetimes for countless of people

THE UNDERLYING TRUTH BEHIND CONFESSIONS AND FEELINGS, IT ALWAYS HAD A STEP TO IT, THE NON-EXISTENT barrier was there, a fermented translucent shield that was penetrated many times over the course of many lifetimes for countless of people.  Those countless of people always shared their truth, often those moments ended badly for said person. Truth was like a white lie, something was always hidden between the lines. Truth be told, Helen Clarice Swan was judgemental. She could sniff out a lie and debunk it when she discovers the truth between all of it.

It was trigger mechanism. A part of her searched for truth. Guaranteed she had her moments of lying, but she felt as if it was acceptable in her situation & it was always about her life. The truth of a kiss paced in her mind over the course of a few days. She shared a kiss with Carlisle Cullen after discovering his secret. Part of her felt disgust in her stomach from that fact he drank blood from a animal. She knew he brushed his teeth, or she had hoped. The fact is for Helen, she was embarrassed.

She had kissed a man in her disoriented self, her mind was fueled by the torment of nearly becoming a vampire. Something that was not on her bucket list, and one thing she didn't want. Helen figured she had awhile to decide, she needed to know herself if Carlisle was the one, the person she want eternity with. But she was a respectable woman, dating some and potentially falling in love was not on her bucket list.

Yet here she sat, getting ready to have dinner again with a man she was causally seeing, dating. Not calling him her boyfriend, but someone she is going on dates with. He often came over at odd times after his hospital shifts, they haven't talked much on his vampire nature, she wasn't ready just yet. She just wanted to know him. His age, his past life, interests & hobbies. But all of it boiled down to his connection to the world of vampires.

In the quiet & quaint atmosphere of the Swan residence, Helen sat on the kitchen stool looking over some recipes in her cooking book. She trailed a finger under a few sentences trying to find something that would make her stomach rumble in hunger. Her blue green eyes searched of many recipes, it never falter for her to think something simple. A part of her was ticking away, she heard before she felt it. The drum of her heart picking up a fast beat of anxiety as she heard a car pulling in.

She rolled the sleeve of her burgundy turtleneck and walked to the door unlocking it. She opened it with a big smile but a frown came on her face as lights from the road came up the hill, a few meters down before pulling into the driveway of her house. It was Carlisle familiar black volvo, the man stepped out. His blue sweater was swiftly paired with a white dress short underneath and his dark jeans. He came up to her "Hello El" He leaned down, holding a hand under her chin and kissed her.

His lips felt soft, cold to the touch. It ignited the fire in her gut when she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into her home. She felt her back pressed to the door in a instant, he had gripped the edge of her shirt halting in his movement before he laughed a bit.  "Have you decided what meal you wanted" He asked grinning.