CHAPTER TWO | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴠᴇsᴛɪɢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

THE CRUEL ASPECT OF REALITY WAS JUST A FILTERING LIE, A JUMBLED SENTENCES OF TRUTH WHICH evaded the white lies between the lines

THE CRUEL ASPECT OF REALITY WAS JUST A FILTERING LIE, A JUMBLED SENTENCES OF TRUTH WHICH evaded the white lies between the lines. Filled in to perceive the youthful minds of the public, false words dropped on a piece of paper & they call it news.  Journalism was the key to the truth, fresh clippings of news plastered all across newspapers, dropped at each door step captivated readers all across the United States. Sure, Journalist don't hold their tongue when it comes to demanding or personal questions. Though unlike some journalist, there were people like Helen Swan who stuck to privacy and policy. A journal in one hand, a pen in the other with a recorder in her pocket.

The idealism of ink on paper satisfied her to no end, Helen was a peacemaker. She sought to find the truth beyond the written lines, but the hidden words between them that showed aspects of truth beyond human comprehension. Her journey into a career in journalism was not easy, she graduated early at fifteen years old with honors.

She obtained a scholarship to the prestigious New York institution, a university known in the United States for their teachings of English literature, social media coverage and degrees vasting far beyond just a TV career to one in a building such as Seattle Times, newspaper outlet known for articles being printed each day at separate hours with updates of crimes, deaths and births.

One of those journalists happened to be Helen Swan, drafted and obtained by Jensen Walton after her article on the withdrawal of Marine Troops in Afghan back in the early year of 2004 right before her graduation made World News Headlines. The death of twelve US Marines had not been known to the public for the first month after the platoon men's death. It was the withdrawal of four men who made it out alive, who interviewed and witnessed the events of their men's death.

The tragic story of William Hilton, Corey Smith, Ronald Henry and Laurent Miller made headlines with witness accounts of their platoons sergeant, lance corporal & fellow soldiers all fell to Afghan bombing against their troops. It was classified an accidental death, though the war was still raging from 2001 with the US and NATO.

Helen's investigation lead to many Congress meetings and an uproar from the American people. The families heard about their deaths of their sons and daughters, the community banned together to raise money to help the four men who were injured in the bombing. The interviews were the key to an explosive reaction among the community, her written essay was turned into an article.

Helen felt pride in her work, she discovered something and gave the story a voice before it can be tucked under the rug. She fount the true calling of her life, a time where she felt whole. Though a part of her was always missing something, like her soul knew what it was and hasn't been giving any signs until her recent dreams. Those reflective pair of golden eyes, of a man she didn't not know. She didn't not see his face, but she saw his eyes.