CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | NEW MOON ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ

OCTOBER WAS THE FIRST MONTH OF AUTUMN, THE SEASON WHERE THINGS BEGUN TO DIE & WITHER AWAY; NOT a touch of life left towards the end of December

OCTOBER WAS THE FIRST MONTH OF AUTUMN, THE SEASON WHERE THINGS BEGUN TO DIE & WITHER AWAY; NOT a touch of life left towards the end of December. Forks, Washington was blessed with the autumn season. The beauty of leaves fading from a forest green to rich orange brown. The sweet smell of rain cluttered the cement and the road. The way the wind felt with just a simple breeze in the middle of the afternoon. October was the month of a simile treasure for many people all around the states. October held many possibilities, one in such as Birthday's.

In three days time would be a spontaneous occasion where Helen Clarice Swan will actually celebrate her birthday without her closest friend, or her baby sister nor her father. It was that time of year where people thought it was best to commit crime. Whereas her father was stuck on a murder case cause the suspect was originally born & raised in Forks while the man committed murder in Port Angeles.

Helen Swan was stumped. She had requested the special day off to take a trip out to Seattle. Her blinked her eyes open, she relaxed her fingers into the leather couch she fell asleep on after a morning day of work. Her co-worker Keila wanted to come over to the grand small town of Forks. The blonde's choice of words were about being able to spoon one of the local policemen.

Her nose scrunched in disgust. She sighed, running her hand through her tangled brown hair. She sat up feeling lightheaded, she stumbled a bit getting to her feet where it felt like pins and needles pinching at the nerves in her toes. She descended into the kitchen eyeing her freshly stocked fridge. She then glanced at the yellow sticky-note.

Your fridge needed stocking, did a favor. The note was from Carlisle.

The corners of her lips lifted into a smile. She leaned on one foot, swaying her other as she opened the fridge leaning her toe against the tile eyeing the food when she saw another yellow sticky-note plastered on a red tupperware dish. Made some breakfast, heard you like blueberry scones. The feeling of butterflies filled her stomach and her heart swelled with many emotions pulling at her heartstrings.

She laughed to herself, taking the small tupperware dish out taking off the clear lid, she examined the freshly baked scones and it smelt wonderful. She eyes the note one last time before preheating her often for a few minutes before plopping the scones on a tray for a few good minutes  before taking them back out. She pressed a finger down on one of them, feeling it soft and hot to the touch she grinned. She grabbed her shaker, getting her powdered sugar and sprinkles it on.

Her heard her doorbell ding, she glance over go the window from the kitchen getting a good view of her Police Chief of a father standing out on the deck holding up a bag wrapped up in gift wrap paper. She smiled turning off the oven and went over to the door allowing her father to come in "Hey dad" she pulled him into her embrace.