CHAPTER SIXTEEN | NEW MOON ✓

ᴀʟʟ ʜɪs ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

THE SIMPLE ASPECT OF LOVE WAS A TOXIC REDEMPTION, IT POOLED INTO AN ENDLESS PIT OF A PERSON'S MIND, IT FOGGED THEIR WORDS; IT was made the person a fool

THE SIMPLE ASPECT OF LOVE WAS A TOXIC REDEMPTION, IT POOLED INTO AN ENDLESS PIT OF A PERSON'S MIND, IT FOGGED THEIR WORDS; IT was made the person a fool. They only saw the good in people they love, they never saw the bad, the damaged, the toxic. William Shakespeare's detailed stories of love rooted the illusion of love in minds of his readers. It fell around them in a lapse of shadows, burning away in the fire with the crumble papers of his drafts. Ink caught fire quickly, it would expand the paper making the fire brighter. It was a sheer sight back in the late century of the 1500s.

The tale of Romeo and Juliet solidified that star crossed lovers can last, even beyond death. Such stories had Helen believe in the aspect that love can exist, that it can survive beyond death. To give people hope, to give the idea of imagination a standing point.

"Helen?" Alice spoke up.

"Yeah Alice?" Helen turned to look at Alice. A solemn look appeared on the girls face, "Bella is being patched up by Carlisle. Why don't you go help? I can start cleaning up with Esme" Alice suggested noticing the silent tone of the Swan girl. Helen nimbly nodded her head sought to looking towards Edward who was tending to Jasper with Emmett and Rosalie at his side. His golden eyes left to Helen nodding his head.

Helen moved towards the dining room where the kitchen table was. The place where Alice and Carlisle had taken Bella to stitch up her cuts from the glass. The redhead seemingly peaked into the dining room hearing the two speaking of Edward and Carlisle self control. It made Helen wonder and her curiosity was peaked. "Come join us, El" Carlisle said calling over to the woman who blushed at being caught .

Vampires can easily sense her.

"In the beginning, though," Bella had said while he taped another long piece of gauze securely in place, sealing it to Bella's skin. "Why did you even think to try a different way than the obvious one?" His lips turned up in a private smile. "Hasn't Edward told you this story?" Helen walked over pulling up a chair beside Bella & fell silent.

"Yes. But I'm trying to understand what you were thinking" His face was suddenly serious again, the redhead had just relaxed as confusion fell over her face. Helen currently just glanced to Bella for word, "How Edward became a vampire" She said to El easing her train of thought. "You both know my father was a clergyman," he mused as he cleaned the table carefully, rubbing everything down with wet gauze, and then doing it again. The smell of alcohol filled Helen's nose, her nostrils wrinkled in disgust.

"He had a rather harsh view of the world, which I was already beginning to question before the time that I changed." Carlisle put all the dirty gauze and the glass slivers into an empty crystal bowl. El turned her eyes on Carlisle when he lit a match. Then he threw it onto the alcohol-soaked fibers, and the sudden blaze caused Bella to jump.