CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE | NEW MOON ✓

ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs

THE MONTH OF DECEMBER WAS THE LAST MONTH OF THE YEAR, EVERY SURFACE WAS COVERED BY WHITE PARTICLES CALLED SNOW; THE coldness seeped into the warm houses all over the residents of Forks

THE MONTH OF DECEMBER WAS THE LAST MONTH OF THE YEAR, EVERY SURFACE WAS COVERED BY WHITE PARTICLES CALLED SNOW; THE coldness seeped into the warm houses all over the residents of Forks. The soft drawn back curtains lifted with a slight breeze that came from under a cracked window. The sky was glazed with dark clouds, a splatter of snow fell and built upon one inch after another. The house fell cold to the brisk air. The dark strands of hair fell around a sleek soft pillow, framing the prominent high cheekbones of Helen Swan. Her eyes framed closed with exhaustion, she turned around in her silk sheets.

The cold brisk air bit at her exposed skin, goosebumps rose over her skin. The smallest hairs stood on end, from the fear that clustered in her heart with every single beat of breath. Her soft snores filled the room, she rolled on her back with her pillow falling over her face. A soft chuckle stirred from the corner of the room, ringlets of red hair fell around the frame of a woman's face.

Her piercing golden eyes shined expectantly at the rise and fall of her friends chest as she slept. She stepped melodically, gracefully landing in the room without a crack in the floorboard. She descended to her friends bedside table, her eyes transcended down on her friend eyeing her movements.

Her hand fell against her wrist, enclosing her fingers around it. Joanne went to grasp the pillow from Helens face when the human arose from her bed pulling out a handgun from under the cushion of her bed pointing it against the redheads forehead.

"Helen" Jo gasped in shock.

The brunette waved the gun with her hand with her mouth falling open "Do you not know to sneak up on the daughter of a cop?" She said peeling her wrist from her friends grasp. She pulled the sheet off her legs exposing her cotton underwear and her oversized shirt she stole from Carlisle's place in New York.  She put her gun back under her pillow walking off towards the closet door.

She shuffled around the clothes on her hangers finding a pair of leggings folded into a pair of pants. She rubbed her legs into the leggings shimming them up to the hoister of her waist. She turned around to Jo having this taunt smile on her face, she grimaced at Helen who rolled her eyes "Your fault. You walked in her attempting god knows what" She muttered heading out of her room.

The redhead trailed after her former best friend, the human was reluctant. The passing aroma of annoyance seeped into atmosphere, Jo could feel it in her bones. "You've changed in a year" Jo muttered softly. The vampire spotted the fugal expression on Helen's face, "if you mean since your death yes, I have greatly changed in under a year" Helen told her dispersing the topic with a wave of her hand.

The heat plastered in her cheek, warmth spread through her petite body as she felt her stomach rumbled. "I can make-" Jo suggested but Helen shook her head "I'm fine, I'll be making my own food" Helen said grabbing a few ingredients from her cabinet and fridge. She placed them on the counter as she grabbed blueberries, "Your making pancakes?"