CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT | ECLIPSE ✓

ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴊᴜɴᴇ

HELEN CLARICE SWAN HAD A SINGLE THOUGHT IN HER MIND; HER VERY core being settled with a bundle of anxiety and guilt

HELEN CLARICE SWAN HAD A SINGLE THOUGHT IN HER MIND; HER VERY core being settled with a bundle of anxiety and guilt. Her hands were stained with a purple dye, her outfit had already turned orange in several places from bleach. Her eyes fumed with a dark rage, "fuck" she mumbled under her breath examining the dress that was now in shambles. She could see the amusement in a familiar of golden eyes. "Alice this was your idea, why couldn't you get your hands dirty" she scolded her step-daughter with annoyance.

"I said we could just dye it purple but you said no let's bleach it first" Alice said crossing her arms. "You bought a grey dress! How do we turn it purple! Bleach makes sense" Helen said pouring more bleach into the container and she plunged the dress under it with a cane. She glared down at the bubbles forming around the dress, she could already see it working in a way. "Bella and her damn graduation, so much trouble with a fúcking dress" Helen cursed under her breath.

Alice giggled behind her, her fingers brushing over her lips to conceal her laugh but she met the horrendous glare that of Helen Swan. El lifted the cane out of the bin pointing it towards Alice when a hand clasped around it. Jasper Hale had this smirk curving the corner of his lips enthusiastically out of mischief "Now I know you aren't about to assault my wife this cane of yours" His cool, accent slid off his tongue "Ma'am" Jasper grinned even more seeing the flare in Helens eyes.

"I'm going to kick both of your asses after I transition" she pointedly said dropping the cane turning back to the dress.  A splash of bleach jumped up as she kept dropping the cane into it. Her blue green eyes blinked, stinging a bit from the putrid smell. She saw Alice eyes twitched a bit in her own amusement. "Okay" She said out of a sigh of relief as the dress appeared completely white after a good two hours of soaking.

Helen looked achieved at her handy work. Her blue green eyes lifted examining the expression on Alice's face "You sure you don't want to change your career" Alice commented making Helen roll her eyes. "I prefer my hand to be covered in ink rather than safety pins" She said getting the tote dumping out the bleach water down the drain before adding placing the dress back in it.

She submerged the article of clothing with the purple dye. She stirred it around and walked towards her kitchen to get a glass of ice water. She perched herself up on the counter when she heard the front door open only for the millisecond later, cold hands pressed over her thighs.  She swallowed a large gulp of her water, her eyes widened with curiosity as she looked at the pair of familiar golden eyes. Her fingers grazed his face, twirling a finger around his pale blonde hair.

"Hello handsome" Her tone was flirtatious, a smile curved the corner of her lips. "Did I hear you correctly? You're going to 'beat' their asses" Carlisle asked teasingly, his words were a trick that danced across his tongue. His daring smile lit up Helen's world as she threw her arms around his neck leaning up and capturing his lips in a steadily kiss. "We both know I could" She whispered hearing Jasper's sharp intake of laughter.