CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN | ECLIPSE ✓

ʜɪꜱ ɪᴍᴘᴇᴄᴄᴀʙʟᴇ ᴘʀɪᴢᴇ

HER SCENT, IT SMELLS

HER SCENT, IT SMELLS....HIS MIND FELT LIKE A PIERCING STAB; TO HELEN'S head as the crimson coloured depths of Aro stared at the human before him. His lips parted as he inhaled her scent, his nostrils flared at her floral scent, it was unrelenting. Her scent reminded the vampire of his dearest friend. He laughed to himself, a smile spreading across his lips as Carlisle grasped her hand. "Ah you must be Helen" her name rolled off his tongue, he already savoured her taste. Her essence put an odd feeling in his gut. The fierce look in her sea green eyes stirred the vampire uneasily.

"I am correct to assume that you are Aro?" Her voice was soft, a tad aggressive. Her expression was blank, less timid from what his memories served him. The structures of her face, her prominent cheek-bones reminded him of her younger sister yet she looked extraordinary close to Helena. "Sei l'immagine sputata di lei" the words rolled off his tongue quickly.

Helen's sea green eyes darted to her husband seeing a grimace fall upon his face and his brows knitted together in confusion. "What can we help you with, old friend" Carlisle always had pure intentions, always followed the rules. His topaz eyes nearly black at the idea of a possible threat on his wife's life. "A little bird told me of your stay here, in Greece" Aro spoke sweetly.

His smile sent chills down her spine. Helen stood still, her back tense. "A little bird?" Her voice was sharp, not kind. "It came to my attention that you were asking questions, about Helena" He spoke seeing the way recognition seized up in her eyes. She appeared more defensive, "It has caused quite a stir amongst the guard. The memory of Helena, still fresh for some" His shrill of a soft laugh made Helen lean closer to Carlisle.

"Do you mean Caius?" Helen asked him, her husband grasped her a hand a bit tighter.

"You've been researching your history" Aro clasped his hands raising it to his face. "When I heard of your wedding Carlisle, I couldn't help but feel left out" He sent his dearest friend a hurt expression in his crimson eyes, Helen felt her stomach churn. Her sea green eyes caught Aro's attention, "You are still human?" He sniffed some more, "Yet you smell of him"

"I had humans at my wedding, not an exact place for vampires who drink human blood" Helen told him, her eyes meeting his. There was a sickening gaze in the man's eyes that clasped over Helen's heart with an ounce of anxiety. Aro held out his hand towards Helen, his eyes flickering over to Carlisle. Her face fell as she had no choice. "A vampire attempted to take my humanity away, he's been long since dead" she said stepping towards him and collapsed the palm of her hand into his own.

His cold hand cupped her's, his fingers lacing over the side of her wrist. His crimson eyes darked at her close proximity, Helen viewed it all his mind as her memories, her thoughts was pulled out of her. It felt like an odd force at the back of her mind. Her teeth chattered together, it made her feel nauseated. Her eyes searched his face before he took a step back allowing her back into the embrace of her husband. "Impeccable" His word silenced the both of them.