CHAPTER FOUR | TWILIGHT ✓

ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ

THE COLD CLOUDY NIGHT OF SEATTLE WAS BRISK, THE WIND WAS HARD, THE FLAGS BEAT AGAINST METAL POLES; RAIN splattered dozen of citizens as they scurried down the dark streets of Manhattan St

THE COLD CLOUDY NIGHT OF SEATTLE WAS BRISK, THE WIND WAS HARD, THE FLAGS BEAT AGAINST METAL POLES; RAIN splattered dozen of citizens as they scurried down the dark streets of Manhattan St. cars drove at a slower rate, pedestrians raced across the crosswalk ignoring the blasting horns of impatient taxi drivers & plain obnoxious drivers. The wet smell of concrete flooded into the open windows of apartments, metal balcony rusting under the droplets of rain.

The shouts of the citizens carried on, a chain link of friends followed with laughter, their smiles beaming the crowd as their leathered feet kicked the puddle of rain, their faces one of delight. A young woman whose youthful smile spilled with a radiant happiness that could even fool the dead. Her blue eyes filled with such lie "Joanne, we must hurry" Her smile was radiant, her blue coat was getting drenched from the rain, goosebumps filtered over the top of her skin as she shivered ushering them under the dry umbrella of their fellow co-workers.

"Oh Walton can shove a stick up his áss" Joanne flicking an cigarette out of her hand. "We already know he does that enough" Her cue caused a eruption of laughter. "You'd think with Walton, he make us work as hard as first year interns on the first batch of residency in a hospital" Their male friend, John was his name?

"Don't go quoting Grey's anatomy again, John" Joanne said pulling her newest friend Helen Swan closer, "John had the hots for Jensen for the longest time, he's been wanting to put his stick to use for a year now" Her voice didn't go unheard.

"Joanne don't go blabbing my sex life to the newbie" John tossed a coin in her direction, she gasped playfully "I'm not a penniless hooker John, at least give me two dollars" Her words caused a laugh from Helen "Doesn't that make you a two dollar hooker then?" she asked jokingly seeing Joanne's face burn in embarrassment.

"Only for you my baby" Joanne pecked the corner of Helen's face.

A smile burned a way on her friends face as they made it to the glass doors of Seattle Times, she could already see the people bustling their asses off running back and forth between printers and their desks. Helen playfully slapped Joanne's shoulder "No more games. Time to be serious. Jensen should be waiting in those steps for us" She warned knowing their new boss was a pain in the tosh before her first day.

Joanne was nothing serious, she was a jokester. She loved pranks, and playful jabs at her friends outside of work and on lunch breaks. The young woman just got out of a two year relationship with her ex girlfriend Chelsea who was caught with another woman, Joanne's old boss Patricia. The main reasons Jo quit her job and applied for Seattle Times a year back and started her articles of French Fashion week.

"Jensen can never take a joke" Joanne replied as they stepped through the doors spotting their boss.

Jensen Walton was a handsome man, six foot tall dark toned man. He went to the gym weekly, packing muscle and wearing suits the defined his wide frame. His face was always sporting a stubble, his black locks of curly hair done in braids he kept tied in a bun. His dark honey eyes held a strive for work. His smile took up the world, and that world was under his feet and in the palm of his hands.