CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX | BREAKING DAWN ✓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑

THE CRACKLE OF GLASS SHATTERED IN THE BATHROOM OF THE CULLEN RESIDENCE, DEEP SEEDED ENVY PLASTERED IN THE SEA GREEN DEPTHS of Helen Clarice Swan

THE CRACKLE OF GLASS SHATTERED IN THE BATHROOM OF THE CULLEN RESIDENCE, DEEP SEEDED ENVY PLASTERED IN THE SEA GREEN DEPTHS of Helen Clarice Swan. Her lips pulled back, her pearl white teeth shown as she gripped the end of the bathroom counter sink. Her eyes closed then, the cold water relaxed over the palm of her hands as she sunk them in deep into the cold depths. She splashed up in the palm of her hand against her face. Helen relaxed in the cold flashes of water rolling down her skin. She heard a swift knock of worry on the bathroom door, her nose twitched a bit breathing in the familiar stench of cologne "I'm fine Marcellus" She called out as she looked down at the broken mirror pieces down in the bottom of the sink.

Her green gleam closed taking a deep breath, blowing out through her lips as she rolled her shoulders back. She collected the glass in her hand tossing the pieces into the trashcan like it never happened. She dried her hands on a towel before throwing her hair up into a messy bun. The palm of her hand found the metal doorknob, twisting & turning it with ease.

Helen just felt off.

The brush of envy faded by the moment as she turned towards the looking face behind the doorway with her eyebrow peeking up. And she cracked a weak smile at the fairing face of Marcellus whose golden eyes watched her, "What is wrong?" He asked in a low hum of a whisper indicating a finger tucking a brown strand of hers behind her ear. Helen felt cold shivers travel down her spine, the same feeling she got from Carlisle on an accidental touch to her skin. What was wrong with her? She had already adjusted to this.

The woman sighed "Renee seems more excited about Bella's wedding than my own when I had it" She said rubbing a hand through her messy hair as Marcellus stepped back with a chuckle "You didn't exactly allow her to be part of it. You & the girls literally planned and designed the whole thing. Usually mothers participate in wedding dress shopping to" Marcellus said with a crown of a frown pulling between his brows.

"It isn't that Marcellus" Helen sighed in defeat "She didn't show this happiness for me. Only Bella. Renee expressed her distaste in my choice of wedding" Helen rolled her eyes as she leaned against the wall of the bedroom she was sleeping in while Carlisle and the rest of the boys prepared the invitations to be sent out, well the rest of them. "I might sound hypocritical because I exactly didn't have the best relationship with her as I do with my dad" El trailed off as she shook her head, "I was at least expecting her to try to fight my decisions, you know be the mom she is being with Bella"

Meanwhile Alice Cullen handed the boys a fiery scolding when she learned at least half the invitations didnt get out. It struck most of the vampires to be on top of everything for the fortune teller, the petite vampire was a quite of a rooter.

"Mortals are complex creatures," Marcellus whistled glancing at her, "I am sure your mother is aware of the relationship she holds with you and knows with bells, things are different"