Riu Astrial: III

A Sudden threat: III

Riu swung her dagger towards the flying blood-sucking bugs above her. Sparkling silver steel flew through the air. Wait, yay! She had grazed one of them. Though they weren't going down without a fight. One of the bugs swooped down and grabbed her arm.

"Get offff." Riu whispered to herself. Even in combat, she was careful to not speak too loudly. Stabbing at the creatures, one fell but the other bit her knife-hand. "Shoot-" She dropped onto her back to escape the creature. "W-" Her attention was caught off guard. The second bug exploded splattering blood and yellow fluids everywhere. A small short sword took the place of the insect. She stood up with the help of a small hand. A pale elven hand gripped the short sword at an odd angle. Riu noticed the small woman next to her. Bright green eyes and auburn hair Riu watched the girl practically melt out of the shadows as she wiped off her blade on Riu's cloak and then sheathed it.

"Don't thank me." The woman told her.

She frowned before the figure hopped down the stairs as if heading towards the fight below. Riu shrugged and joined her, jumping over the railing and landing on the first floor. Dang.. on the first floor the parties were looking pretty rough. Various people were scattered all over the tavern, slumped over a table was a half-elven figure dressed in a yellow cloak. Below him, a middle-aged soldier with his head resting on the chair next to him clearly knocked out and bloodied. On the other side of the tavern, a young man was standing at the ready with brown hair and bright forest green eyes. He was clutching a glowing longsword in his hands with an odd fox head pommel. Though she noticed he was slightly injured.

Completely different from the rest of them Riu observed a tall figure in the room who was practically leaping from place to place taking pop shots and slashes at the troll all the while evading its hands. Riu decided to join in, that's what dad would've done right? Pulling out her mace she hummed a prayer.

"Magicae cornu telum!" She slammed a magic missile into the back of the troll. Like clockwork, the elven female who had saved her earlier jumped over the well stabbing the troll in the eye before jumping behind it. The four of them slashed, shot, and stabbed the ever-living shit out of the troll, as it swung towards the elven female she slipped around furniture and jumped behind it.

"Vulity ceriorem ventus!" The brown haired boy cried over and over, his attacks seeming to do the most damage against the weakened troll Riu wondered if they could take it down without his volley. Riu watched Drunan jump up from the back with a giant broad sword in hand as the three of them acted like distractions, he slammed it into the troll's head as the troll fell back first into the well dead. She sighed a small breath of relief as she reached up to grip her locket, making sure it was indeed still there. 'Thank you Selune..' She silently prayed.

"Good job-" Riu rushed forward, slipping off her cloak. She ran over to the barley standing young man who was swaying from side to side in a desperate hope to stay awake.

"Stay with me." Riu yelped. She moved over to the two fallen figures before summoning a healing spell. "Remedium vulneribus." She chanted. Riu watched as the three's wounds closed and their bones snapped back in place the very clearly warlock looked thankful. "Holy shit you're still awake-" Riu realized looking at the half elven boy- shit.. She was terrible at this.. Was that a girl? Looked like a girl.. Except the Adam's apple.. The one in the yellow cloak as they looked up, their purple eyes were almost startling.

"Y-yup non-believer," The half-elf whispered. As his bones pushed back together. The warlock on her left stood up now fully recovered.

"Thanks." The human said, sticking his hand out to Riu "Herod Westwood." Riu took his hand.