Vaelle Lurval: XXXVI

Descending Deeper: XXXVI

"What.. what do you mean; got it?" Vaelle quizzed, she felt timid and small following Donna, Damien, and Holiver like a lost puppy, a sensation she did not relish. She paced meekly in the backyard weaving between green hedges and emerald trees. She tugged nervously at her cultist gown not wanting to be seen in it. 'What if.. What if someone saw me? Oh gods..' she took a few deep breaths trying not to panic, rapidly latching onto Holivers arm for some kind of stability yet he seemed to pay her no attention.

"The stone.. Our Priestess couldn't believe it.. He actually got the stone for us." Damien chuckled. "I mean.. She said she had utter faith in him but.. To get a nimblewright and the Zhentarim to work together?"

"I would never have thought it possible.. Are you sure this deal is a smart idea?" Holiver asked Damien, Vaelle couldn't help but feel like she was merely a passenger in this conversation. She tried to squeeze harder onto Holivers arm but he began pulling away getting closer to Donna and Damien.

"I- can someone please explain what's.." Vaelle hung her head feeling defeated she'd spent over two weeks with the c.. faith and she was no closer to understanding any of it.

"The vault of Dagult Neverember." Damien started.

"That rymed.." Vaelle whispered. She tried for a smile but only Holiver laughed, thank the gods he was still with her..

"Is a.."

"Rumour I know that.." Vaelle frowned; she was a native to Waterdeep; it wasn't like she didn't know the mysteries and skepticism around the former Open Lord's embezzlement; not that she thought it was true.

"Well, the rumour gets more intense than that.. Whispers say that Dagult Neverember in an effort to avoid having his memory probed; wiped it. He stored the gold in a secret vault and hid its location and means of opening within an object." Damien concluded. Vaelle stopped walking, feeling the brush of warm air kick at her from the summer climate. She took a few deep breaths, dammit she was hungry.

"That's.. Assuming all this.. Is true. About Dagult and his embezzlement and-"

"It's true." Holiver bit in and placed a hand against her shoulder, she practically melted feeling what must have been the first ounce of physical affection in days. Dammit she missed her shop.. She wanted to go back, sell flowers and worry about anything else. She opened her mouth to protest but thought better of it, she didnt care if they believed in a fairy tale.

"What.. what does our priestess want with it anyway?"

Holiver and Donna exchanged nervous looks. "Well, the promise of five hundred thousand gold is one thing.. But there are rumours of another.. Something inside something.. Powerful." Donna elaborated. Vaelle tried to ponder what such an object could be.. Something powerful?

"Come on. You must be hungry right?" Holiver read her mind, she nearly leapt at him for a kiss but settled to just move closer into his arms.

"Yeah.. I am." She remarked happily. Damien looked more calm all of a sudden like the change of conversation pleased him. She shrugged not fully knowing why. They made their way back into the Villa through the hidden staircase and into a compartment below. A kitchen? She missed the days she'd make a clean cut salad in her own garden despite growing and selling flowers she loved actually gardening normal things. Like oranges or lettuce stuff she could manage in her home. Home.. how long had it been since she'd been home?

"Here you are." Vaelle tried to hold her nose when Holiver and one other person offered her a large burnt piece of meat she was.. Not a vegetarian but didn't eat meat very often. She felt her stomach rumble, the deep upper chest hurting kind when you haven't eaten all day.