Herod Westwood: XVIII

Mental compromise: XVIII

Herod did not like being unconscious, but it had happened twice in one day! The stupid spell from the whore and then a psychic attack?! 'If it weren't for Markos protecting me from those stupid brain shits I'd be dead.' Herod breathed in heavily. The mind flayer had said it himself, right before them was the man they were supposed to find, and all they had to do was hand over Renaer. 'He only needs him huh?' He thought to himself, they had already gone down once.. And the fight wasn't pretty, at this point.. He knew that giving over Renaer was the only option. Herod looked around the party, their eyes cast similarly towards Renaer as they all took a step back from the mind flayer. "I'll grab him." He announced. As Herod approached he could only see the panic and despair on Renaer's face as he reached for his sword; he was outnumbered.

'You don't have to!' Herod felt the voice of Vulity enter his mind 'Think.. And then act on something else! And remember to kill whores!' He tried his best not to process the information, would the others do the same?! There was only one way to find out. Herod thought hard on grabbing Renaer and seizing.. Riu for some reason. With every step he envisioned gripping the man and handing him over to the mind flayer, he would hand him over, hand him over. Hand over his blade Herod drew it and spun in a hundred degree turn pointing his sword at the chest of the Mind flayer. "Vulity ceriorem ventus." Like a lightning bolt, kinetic force impacted the mind flayer point blank, with enough weight to demolish a sturdy wooden door. Herod could hear ribs crack from the creature as it slammed into one of the many desks behind him. "So we're doing this.." He said frighteningly. Like a bat out of hell he watched Markos leap over stabbing the mind flayer with his trident before being slammed into by a foot from the creature's robes.

*"You ingreat-"* Riu fired an array of flames at the enemy as he screamed in pain. Alekzandr leveled his rifle and desolated a ray of frost directly into the mind flayer's skull. Asher leaped to the left and slashed him with a true strike from his scimitar before slamming his shield into him as well. The mind flayer thrashed outward trying to grab something blinded by the frost bolt. Like clockwork Herod grinned as he watched two short swords stab into the monster from the back, one protruding from his arm and the other his stomach region. It was a solid hit from Adleth. Markos was the fastest next as the monster ran with surprising speed off of the swords and impacted Herod as he ran by. He nearly fell over if it weren't for his quick reflexes. Asher slashed the creature as he ran, before Markos bounded at him, throwing his trident Herod nearly flinched the three pronged spear, wishing past his face as it impacted the mind flayer.

*Wsssthentt!*

*"AGHHH!"* the creature screamed again in pain. Herod looked at him, bloodied with purple ichor pouring from his veins, his arms covered in slashes, his head encased in frost and his stomach now housing a trident. He was on his last legs. Markos ran with blinding speed as he raised his short sword Herod tried to rush forward as well as the mind flayer held up his hand chanting some spell. Markos made a desperate slash but was sidestepped. In an act of last true blitz from the creature. *"You will regret this! You have not heard the last of Nihiloor!" The mind flayer yelled as a black mist encased his body, before he vanished. Markos's trident clattered to the ground dripping with purple blood.

"Hey Herod, you got a bottle?" Markos asked as he picked up his trident.

"Uh.. Sure.." He replied as he tossed a bottle to Markos who quickly began dumping the blood into it. Dear Puderis this kid was weird, but in a slightly funny way. He made his way back to his friends inspecting Riu he noticed she was pretty hurt, as was Asher.

"I.. I thought you were going to kill me.." Renaer said frightfully. Herod looked over at Renaer and grit his teeth. Was this dude a wimp? Get over it!