Vestus Konstotte: XCVI

Daner Hammer: XCVI 

That night Vestus slept terribly. He was pained with the worries of his son. Was Estral alive? Would the gods aid him in his quest.. Or had the gods abandoned him..? He was resolved to not get too philosophical at this. "Agh!" He bolted down the stairs, enraged by bad dreams.. He slept in his son's bed.. The same boy he had come to see, after so many years. Now he wasn't sure if he'd ever get to see him again. Vestus kicked in the doors down the steps and started shaking a fist, he saw the party... Asher's party. Collected together in one place.

"Vestus!" Alekzandr raised a glass. He eyed Markos carefully in the corner, last night the cultist and the druid lady had gotten into a fight. Tul! What was her name again? Based on what the party had told him, and what Estral had written to him he wouldn't hesitate to take the erratic one's side. Regardless of the fact Markos was clearly insane, he was also a friend of Estral's-Asher's! He didn't want to use the wrong name if that was what a child chose. "Good morning comrade.. We were just discussing the stone." He sighed a breath of relief. He had decided to get extra sleep since his long journey to Waterdeep. The past day or so he'd been more preoccupied. It was good to see them getting to the important things.

"Say the damned riddle again." Adleth huffed. Vestus eyed the elven woman, she had auburn red hair and green fierce eyes. She was pretty, but slightly intimidating. Not for him, but in general she had that kind of look. After the past few days of fights however; he had come to actually respect her.

"To enter the vault of Dragons you must acquire keys of three.. Assets of war all weapons return to these.. Nye unbreakable shy of indestructible. The graspe of a darker kindred forsaken thy gods for a spiderlings pawn. Toiled to and worked from the finest craft.. The tipple master's son." Alekzandr said the poem in a deep accent while he swigged through alcohol. Vestus considered snatching the booze away. Somehow the only person he actually trusted was Alekzandr. The very evident DRUNK of the party, how on Toril had his son grown to like these idiots enough to write to him? On another note, that had to be the worst poem he'd ever heard- 'No I've heard Apollo's work.' He suddenly recalled.

"Nye unbreakable?" Vestus cleaned his hands with a rag giving the party a happy grin. "I've been around a forge long enough in my lifetime. That right there is adamantine.. The metal of the gods." He assured them.

Alekzandr was the first to nod.

"Adamantine?" Adleth inquired, she raised her finger curiously. "Never heard of it? Are we saying gods have metal now?"

Vestus chuckled. "No, it's very much a mystical metal.. But it's practically unbreakable unless hit with other adamantine.. But that stuff is expensive.. And rare, where on Olympus do we get that?" He raised a hand to his chin. They were in a tough situation. Far as he could surmise the cult they were fighting was after the vault. If they got the vault, they got the cult. Getting the cult was only one step closer to getting Asher.

"Steam and Steel?" Herod suggested, the warlock sat back with his feet on the table similarly to Adleth sipping on a cup of orange liquid. Vestus did need a job, he could always apply to this blacksmithing shop they apparently went to so often..

"Do we even know if they would have any?" The other elf woman inquired. Herod shrugged back to her. Oh he felt so awkward, was it wrong to ask then? He couldn't remember her name, surely no one would judge him for asking.. Did they introduce themselves? Tul.

"Honestly only one way to find out.." Vestus responded. He eyed the door carefully, they should do this. If he would have any chance in finding the sons of bitches who killed his son. He'd have to track down whatever the hell they were looking for. Now to do that, he needed keys.