Markos Amanodel: LXXXV

Resilience: LXXXV

"Where?" Markos whispered. He was tired, where the hell was Asher? What was this new cult up to? Had they been pulling the strings all along? In an attempt to get something?

"The Windmill in the Southern Ward; Geargrinder." Vaelle answered. The party was silent, the words of Renaer still ringing in their heads from all that time ago. It all made sense now. Every little detail. "That's where we were supposed to deliver something. I was.. Going through something.. Not always aware of what it was.. But.. yeah." It hung over all of them. But especially Markos, he felt that he knew how much responsibility he had.

"Isn't this cult thing time sensitive?" Vestus criticized. Markos wished he would be silent for even one second. He kneeled on the floor keeping his eyes closed in a desperate attempt to concentrate. Usually, it wasn't this hard.

"We have a cultist in our party." Alekzandr interrupted. He sounded a bit squashed but overall just as smart as ever. "Who seems to be praying." The drunk made a choking sound mocking him. Markos didn't care. He wanted answers and guidance.

"Hephestus help us.." Vestus muttered. 'Oh.. we don't need Hephestus..' Markos thought.

"-ian, guide feer e quen attempt nae teshuel bren.." He chanted, for a split second it felt as if his hair was drifting upward, getting lighter. His limbs felt tighter and more constricted; the air smelled like sea water while his mind corroded like iron in the sea. "Sen nha it quen mist dao." The room quickly grew silent. He felt his cloak begin to rise; he chanted the names like they were a fond memory, however they were anything but. He felt the connection break and his body seemed to grow heavy once again. Markos opened his eyes and stood up. Prayers were rarely answered, especially for him.

"Selune guides us." Andraste announced she held up her right hand revealing an odd looking tattoo. It seemed to be in the shape of a crescent moon, yet at its center between the crest was a small bead. He was confused.

"Nice.. tat?" he tried, Andraste seemed to roll her eyes.

"It's a blessing. A favor from our god." She looked over at Riu with a smile. The two of them had a small conversation with their eyes. "A favor.. A deity marks you with a task and grants you a small favour.. In the heat of battle you may be able to move faster than you would or-"

"AGH!" Markos screamed collapsing to the ground. A cold writhing sensation surrounded him like the very depths of the ocean. Slime touched his skin and ice cubes were being shoved into his open brain. He chattered his teeth, willing himself to scream, yet no noise came whatsoever. A fog of madness began to spread across his brain like fire through a wheat field. His vision felt a bit red like some had placed lenses over his eyes. Infinity once again enveloping him.

'I hear these thoughts..' The voice slithered through his mind. He felt as if a squid was collapsing itself to crawl through each and every crack. 'There is.. Greater chaos then me out there. A reckoning. If I am to rise.. You must find it.' Markos shook with fear, feeling the cold wet sensation start to ungrasp.

He had no time to recover. 'Don't forget Enah.. he's listening..' Markos lowered his eyes and nodded destroyed from the inside out until he was nothing more than a servant once again. His right hand burned in pain.

"Markos?!" Herod was clutching his sides holding him like he was a child. "Markos can you hear me?!" He snapped his head around and began nodding, warmth spread back to his body. The clutches of envelopment disappeared.

"H-how long was I out?"

"Out?" Alekzandr peered. "You.. Just stood there for a second and collapsed. Are you alright?" He thought about what those voices meant.. He answered.. The old fucker actually answered. That meant this was serious.