Ammalia Cassalanter: CII

Lust's Dessert: CII

"I-I'm so.." She pulled furiously at her hair, tears ran down her face splattering into large puddles at her knees. "So.. so.." The words were impossible to form. What could she possibly say now? Sobs echoed from the room, rolling across the wood in waves. She reached out, drifting a single hand towards the salt-lined wooden door. She wished only to remove the protections that sealed its contents.

"GHREAEAEAEAH!"

She grimaced, turning away, a voice shook the room, basking it in a low tremble like a copper stringed lute. Ammalia tore nervously at the frills of her dress, her hand falling from the door that laid before her. Tears welled in her eyes, she imagined this was what windows looked like. She met her own eyes in the broken mirror above the door. Fractured brown pupils and a pathetic gaze she could only assume would be owned by peasants. Ammalia took a shaky pained breath, she would succeed.. She.. would not fail.

*Creaaek*

Ammalia tilted her head up to the side, letting the rusty old hinges fill her ears. "Lady Cassalanter.. I-I Lord Cassalanter sent me to fetch you and-" She turned her head towards the masculine voice. She did not recognize the faith member stood on the attic staircase. "A-An." Her nostrils flared just a tad, she clenched her eyes letting a final spill of tears fall. "I apologize for i-if this is a bbad time but-" Could no one in this world leave her alone? In the background wailing continued, the other side of that door echoed with pain and suffering. The attic door should not have been open, less it leak into the rest of the household. Her brown hair fell over her face, she turned her body facing the new one.

"Vorodutz Niku saflvw o tokasu." She muttered. Watching a red energy flicker on her fingertips. A low look of realization spread across the man's face.

"W-" He started. Ammalia halted that response, she had already grown tired of him. She dug her fingertips into the splintered wood below her and lunged. The distance closed in less than a second her right hand fully embraced his skull. Dark tendrils extended from his face, wrapping the warm pulsating mound of flesh with razing lines as the figure was consumed by necrotic energy. "G-e-" He chocked out meaningless words that would do little in aiding her quest. She didn't care what he had to say and even less for her summons.

"No one.. Should intrude on a grieving mother.." Ammalia clenched her eyes, thinking of Terenzio. His body contorted in an odd fashion, his legs flailed helplessly over the ladder. His arms clawed at his throat as if it were the problem. He opened his mouth making small guttural noises of pain before the whole doll went limp. She raised an arm tossing the corpse over her shoulder. The tears that the attic brought her, had now dried upon her face. After a few shallow breathes of the dust-filled horror-soaked air she saw fit to descend the stairs. The screams of the damned were still curdling behind her, wailing out for aid, for help to the insanity that would never end. She closed her eyes, it was a fear that would venture within her own dreams. Snapping a finger in incantation to close the attic door behind her.

"Mai." Ammalia called out to her handmaiden in a monotone voice. The woman she trusted with the finer details of life was stood at the end of the hallway, holding a change of apparel. Her hair was rattled and her left cheek slightly battered.

"My Lady- I tried to stop him.. But he insisted.." Mai stared down at the glossy floors, ones they had just replaced. Ammalia tugged at the front of her dress, pulling the gown off without much thought. "M-my lady we're in the halls!-" Her friend panicked.

"Of my own home." She remarked tiredly. She dropped the dress to the ground, kicking it to the side of the corridor. "You did fine my dear.. I apologize if he was rather rough.. Please send someone to clean up the mess of his life." She walked up to Mai cupping the girl's face. Running fingers down the newly marked cheek she grit her teeth knowing it would bruise.