Herod Westwood: XXXII

Mahem: XXXII

Herod walked down the back alleys leading towards TrollSkull, He was sure he would find Thottier behaviour in the alleys, something he could put an end to. It was almost humorous, his deities' objection to such actions despite Herod's own background. He knew there had to be a god for anything, even chastity despite how odd some others found it..

"Asher!" He tried loudly, on his way out one of the priestesses had told him Asher had gone this direction to head home, Herod's stomach turned the only reason he thought was to engage in debauchery with some unwed tiefling! To his left He could spot some movement. "Ah and what's going on here huh?" Surging forward to the little alley alcove turning the corner on the steps Herod viewed nothing but a gang of street cats, in an alley full of barrels and random boxes. "Man.. I'm shit at this whole Thot slaying business." He grumbled to himself.

Personally he had few reasons to hate thots, his own mother had been a whore and it was the sole reason Herod was alive. One guy was just a little too good at swimming for his mother and nine months later he popped out. He reminisced on his childhood as he walked through the slums.

"Spare some change sir?" Herod tossed a little silver to a beggar on his left, the man was dressed quite warmly for Summer weather with a brown cap and a scarf around his neck, the man held out a small metal cup in which Herod placed his coins. "Thank you sir.." The man replied. He nodded, it wasn't so long ago he too was poor and desperate. He shuddered, wanting to suppress such memories no matter how happy they ended. The pain that emanated from his stomach and the tightness in his legs were as if he had phantoms reminding him of that old agony. Herod came out of his self reflective daze as he tried to find Asher, sure this path led to TrollSkull but it was hardly direct, and so far he had yet to see the debauchery he expected.

'Was prosteution legal in waterdeep?' He asked himself, that would explain the lack of back alley whores, the type he had encountered in nearly every other town along the sword coast. "Why did I run off to find him.." Herod muttered to himself, He moved to the right ready to head towards Steam & Steel. 'They have my armor order after all..' He thought to himself, he did need to add some designs to it.. Something he was excited to do, antlers onto the breastplate, while it couldn't be full plate or anything like that it could still have segments within it. Herod headed in the direction he could've sworn Steam and Steel were. He wondered what Asher was really up to, afterall just screwing some random Tiefling wasn't really his style it seemed-

'Look out!' Vulity's face raced across his eyes giving him a warning sign. Herod spun at once drawing his blade which had just spoken to him, his ears ringing with the softest note of footsteps. His blade shimmered a teal light before him in defense just as the dagger touched his waist. He slashed downward to parry but was outmatched in an act of blinding speed dammit he wished his sword shorter for just one moment. The dagger moved away from Herod's waist and moved elegantly forward, the figure holding it not even stopping. Herod pointed his blade as he spun once again on his heel the cloaked figure bleached in the sunlight above them, only narrow shadows of the alleyway covering them. At that moment his waist exploded in pain, like a fire engulfing it.

"ARGH!" Herod yelped, his body consumed in a blazing rotting sensation. Like the grip of death.

Herod grit his teeth as he fell over. His body felt as if it was cold.. No hot.. No now it was twisting in knots. He gripped his left side in a fit of rage feeling pain shoot through his system the twisting grip of its torture reminded Herod of his old illness. It felt like death itself, cancerous. He tried to raise his sword above his head towards the halted figure beyond him, they were probably not much taller than him dressed in a completely black cloak Herod tried his hardest to see into the hood.