Asher Exitium: XLII

Bitter Sweet Identity: XLII

"You were caught doing what exactly?" Asher leaned in, pinching the bridge of his nose. Stalana hopped from foot to foot swaying with her hands behind her back.

"Stealing from Mr. Casgain to redistribute to the other kids so we could start a people's utopia." Asher deadpanned his daughter.

"Who on Toril let you read this shit.." He laughed to himself. "You're six for Ares sake.. I don't need you stealing the red cattle just yet." He wondered what Apollo would actually do in that case.. Maybe he'd watch his kid have to invent some musical instrument on the spot. That would be amusing.

"Asher!" Karenia scolded. He became aware of his wife's presence once again, having tuned her out for the lesson to his kids.

"Sorry sorry.." He apologized for swearing, he set a hand on Stalana's head and ruffled her short hair, careful to avoid her small growing horns.

*SNEP*

Asher nearly jumped darting, his eyes still alert.

"Sweetheart.. That was nothing." Karenia moved in closer, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. He took several deep breaths attempting to remind himself the war was in fact over.. He'd survived. "Stalana.. Do you know what you did was wrong?" his wife asked the young tiefling girl in a disapproving voice. His daughter looked around, finally settling on his face. Asher raised his eyebrows signaling her to say yes before giving his girl a quick wink.

"Yes mother.." Stalana looked at the ground sheepishly. Asher gave his wife a glance before waving his daughter off.

"It's alright, just apologize to Mr.Casgain next time you see him, huh?" Asher reached out, poking his daughter's stomach, getting a laugh from the girl as she ran off, having promised him nothing. "Bunch of misfits." He mumbled, he turned his head and placed a kiss against Karenia's face his mind felt.. Woosy and in flight, like he was not completely there.

"They take after you." She giggled back. Asher pulled away admiring his tiefling wifes smooth complexion, he placed a hand against her back and pulled her in for another kiss. Dancing on his feet on the consequences of what he wanted to say. No, he'd wait.

"What?" He faked offense leaning back into the table behind him. "If anything they take after you.. You're the sneaky one here." he mimicked a goblet in his hand and pulled it up, faking a long gulp of imaginary liquid.

"T-that was one time!" She sneered back. Asher pulled a doll out of his belt. Then a large longbow and a small harp from his bag, something he'd been saving. "What.."

"For the kids.." He grinned looking out the window he saw the pouring of snow, which wasn't uncommon this high in the north, however with the approach of the winter solstice on the next day Asher relished the chance to give his kids new gifts. Karenia ran her fingers against the harp.

"Come on.. You know Adol doesn't have it in him."

"He just needs practice!" Asher protested. He lifted the small golden instrument knowing his son would probably love it. "I'm telling you he's gonna be amazing." Karenia rolled her eyes.

"I know.. But he needs.. Confidence."

Asher flicked his wrist sending an echo to his right, a perfect replica of himself into the kitchen. His wife raised an eyebrow. "It's the solstice!" He cried. "Anyway, you know, you say no magic but it seems to me you like the echo trick other times.." Her face grew beat red which Asher wasn't really sure how that was possible since her skin was red.

"Shut up!" She shyly hit him and turned, her long black dress fit her figure well, something Asher planned to take full advantage of. "Az, are you even ready?" She cursed, her back still turned to him.