Adleth: LXXXIV

The Strings: LXXXIV

"What the fuck are you doing?" Adleth groaned. Markos was jumping from dead cultist body, to dead cultist body.

"Cloaks." He replied coldly like that actually explained a damn thing. She turned around desiring to see some form of sanity, a tiny little smidge of actual rationality in this fucking tunnel and instea- Vestus was crouched on the floor picking up daggers. She pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Ight so I'm traveling with a band of Kleptomaniacs." She finally concluded. How had it taken her this long? It was so obvious! She got a few odd looks from Herod and Riu who were trying to carefully escort Vaelle down the corridor and closer to the entrance of this crypt.

"Thats kinda the whole thing in adventuring, everyone is a fucking Kleptomaniac." Herod shouted back. She snorted and jogged after them content to put some distance between herself and; Vestus, Alekzandr, and Markos.

"So.." Adleth started she looked over Vaelle could only be described as.. Kinda pretty. She had extremely long black hair, bits of strands went over her chest and past that. She had lightly tanned white skin that gave her a feeling Vaelle got outside a lot, or used to. She stood around five foot two inches and had one of those softer faces shaped like a lemon. She had a slender neck and arms being just a little too skinny she looked a bit malnourished in all reality. She had a small nose and fairly large lips with two big misty hazel eyes. "Woah there." She reached over and offered Vaelle an arm of support feeling the former cultist lean on her, she was made aware how very light the new girl was. "So um.. Is she joining our adventuring group or?" Adleth didn't know what she was exactly asking,

"I uh.." Herod pursed his lip. "I don't think so. She's a civilian Adleth, one that got herself caught up in a whole mess of trouble. Right now I just think she needs time." Adleth agreed, this girl may be thirsty for some revenge but she needed to rest, and she doubted Vaelle could do anything with a dagger in that state.

"Please.." Vaelle croaked, she was sounding better but it seemed all that adrenaline to convince the party must have taken something out of her. 'Shit.' Adleth couldn't help but start comparing her to herself. Such a young stupid little thing. Fucking following your love into some dumbshit? Yeah. She could definitely relate to that.

"Hold on." Vestus bullied his way over to them. "I just wanna make sure she doesn't have any weapons-" The giant was cut off by Vaelle standing up straight. She looked disappointed and pulled free a dagger from her belt, it was stained with blood. "Mm." Adleth reached over and yanked the dagger away, taking it for safekeeping. Unlike the others she actually had a little bit of faith this girl wouldn't try to outright kill them, hell she was nearly dead.

"As for.. Holivers?" Vaelle turned around eyeing the corpse she had been huddled next to not minutes ago and simply nodded.

"Please.. Take those off of him." She whispered. Fuck that girl sounded broken. Adleth saw Markos slowly disorbe the cadaver and began to wrap odd black cloaks and clothes around him. She wanted to keep moving though it wasn't too much of a walk, yet something about the process actually intrigued her. The cultist didn't simply wrap the body up like you did a slab of meat at the butchers. Thank fuck he wasn't Antonio. Instead he interweaved the fabric using a knife to cut strands of it apart. In merely two minutes he fully enwrapped the body letting Vestus pick it up. "I.. I'd bury him but.. I-I" Her voice faltered. Adleth placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah don't worry we got a place." Adleth whispered she didn't know if she should comfort Vaelle or just kind of be a spectator.

"We can bury him next to Lif." Riu suggested. Adleth did not normally like the air head, but that was a fine idea. The now seven of them walked pensive out of the crypt with Alekzandr and Markos sealing it behind them. After a few minutes Vaelle bean to wave her away letting Adleth and Riu know they could let go from supporting her, she could at least try and walk. The girl paused in the middle of the cemetery staring up at the nearly noon time sun taking long deep breaths. Herod offered her water.