Andraste Naïlo: CXXXII

Want, Next: CXXXII 

"They meant.. A lot to me." Andraste admitted, she peered over Fala's shoulder curiously. What was the elf up to now? The job she'd landed at Corellon's crown was a pretty poor paying endeavor, but it brought her so much joy to be surrounded by nature. Andraste pursed her lip picking up a small bound notebook detailing the ingredients of poisons. "We don't need that right now." She let out a nervous chuckle, had she gone too far? Fala remained wordless, failing to reply to her answer. Andraste pushed off the many books resting in the back counter, the greenhouse was so delightful yet.. Really messy.

"Everyone's parents do my dear." They finally replied, Andraste lowered her head, it was no use in trying to explain. Peering out the glass roof she was quickly reminded of how little time she had left. The Founders day Ball was nearing ever closer, and she wasn't ready. "Trim those will you?" Andraste was directed over to a row of mystical hedges, she'd seen similar twisting star shaped plants in her grove, they were tough fireproof plants, not that it really mattered much just a fun fact about her work. "How.. are you and Mattrim?" The question caught her off guard, Andraste frowned curiously. What? How was she and.. Her heart fluttered. Oh Selune ok.. That was where she was headed..

"Uhh.. We are quite good. I must admit I was shocked by his closeness during the opera but.." She smiled. After years of losing so much, her mother, father, sister, son, and husband. It made her almost float with delight thinking about having Mattrim all to herself. The fact that she now had a friend in Fala and perhaps even.. A small, oh god's small opportunity to move past her husband. It was relieving.

"Ooo. really now?" Why?! Why did Fala sound so interested? She scrolled through a few more plants feeling both utterly bored but also determined to finish this little project.

"Well uh, he's been kinda off and on when it comes to intimacy outside.. His house." She blushed with her own reference. It was really embarrassing to talk about!

"Hmm, well. I think you're just being nervous for no reason. Honestly. Do you want the day off? Go and-"

"No-no no.." Andraste raised her hands. Ok.. she needed to calm down. This wording wasn't like her. "I mean, it's fine Fala. truly. I already don't work enough as it is. For example, that Vestus figure is always at Steam and steel, he's insane." She chuckled, patting down another plant she was reminded of just how much she missed the wild. Sure the plants surrounding her now were all beautiful and healthy, but a greenhouse is only so adventurous before it becomes something of a prison. In the village she knew hundreds of mystical foliage bloomed to excite her, it was an ocean of fresh mushrooms and tall trees. Where she'd learn to use her powers.. And had her son.. Was there nothing she could think about which would not bring forth bad memories?

"True. oh- please be careful with the Cfaliad's." Fala warned her. Andraste flinched trying to figure out what in Selune's name those were. "Those!" Fala crouched down next to her, shifting the fresh soil on the ground. Plucking small brown bulbs for the first time she got a glimpse of a plant she did not in any way recognize. "Rare thing.. Bloom underwater but they need to soak sunlight in above the sea first." It sounded peculiar.

"How does that even..?"

"Unsure." They replied. "Most assume a batch of some plant fell into the ocean and started the cycle. But these plants are incredible for mimicking potion properties.. Brewing hundreds of doses of anything fairly quickly." hmm.. Interesting, she thought. "I heard.. Your party had adopted three young ones?" oh.. The kids.

"Yeah.. we're just watching over them for a.. Time being." She couldn't divulge everything. The harpers needed them to watch the children until the infernal threat was dealt with. Their resources were just too thin due to so much constant fighting with gangs. The three little ones were so heartwarming. Every second she thought of them the only memory that really came to mind was her own son. She missed having a family, a proper one. A husband and child.

"Mm, so is that it?" Fala's question caught her off guard. "Just a boyfriend, a party, a job, and three adopted kids? I'll tell you Andraste. You don't strike me as someone to settle for that." The elf stood up dusting off their hands before picking up two canisters, salt water and water. Andraste accepted the water for the plants.

"I am unsure of your question." She fibbed. To settle for that? What did she mean? Was it settling when she was happy with her last party? Ugh.. she shivered from her nightmares. The giant center oak tree of the green house provided an ample amount of support to lean against. Allowing Fala to water the plants which needed salt first.

"Oh come on. I mean what's next! What are you doing after the fact. You don't look like a druid is all you want. You've got some skip in your step, and an accent.." eek. Was it that obvious? She figured she'd covered up her accent a while ago. Francis and Sundrop didn't ever seem to notice it. Not even Silica. Dang. She tried to give a small quick smile to Fala skirting around the question entirely. While also blocking the horrid nightmares she had of her old party.. why did those keep coming? those twisted purple flamed abomination of dreams.. She shivered. 

"I guess.. I don't really know." Andraste said at last. She poured the water over the various plants watching the seeds begin to grow. Mattrim.. Her child, Fala, it all did add up to a good question. What did she want next?