Alekzandr Ikorov: CL

Family: CL

Alekzandr took a small drink from his nearly empty flask. He was sitting at the entrance of the Villa, it was dark, really dark. The air was finally cold, going an entire night without sun. On his right Adleth was walking out of the villa, her eyes were puffy and red like she'd been crying. "Iliris?" Alekzandr jumped to his feet in concern, but the elven red-head quickly waved her hand.

"He's fine.. He's going to be ok." Tears fell down Adleth's face when she smiled. It warmed his heart, thank Lobodoshki. "For a moment.. I thought I might lose the only family I had left.." She stared at him intently. Oh..

Alekzandr gave her a small smile, not a moment passed before Vestus was pushing aside the gates. With immense effort and clear rage, he and Riu filed out from the yard. The white-haired girl looked to be crying as well, her face carried the expression of grief. Now was not the time to pry into whatever was causing it. Vestus on the other hand.. In his arm and over his shoulder laid two slumped over kids, they looked like they could be sleeping. But he knew better, he knew what it really was. Alekz sighed, giving Vestus a look of understanding. This world was cruel.

"Are we.. ready to go?" Herod along with Vaelle stepped out of the villa, the girl was resting in a wheelchair as well. She looked terrible, beat up but nothing time couldn't fix. The final person to leave the manor was Markos, in his clutches was a large lord's cape rolled up with jangling sounds coming from inside it.

"Yes.. we are." He answered Herod. Pain was running its course through his whole body, he felt terrible and tired. But most of all, after realizing what had happened to the children, he felt defeated. They turned and walked back towards the TrollSkull manor. Vestus grunted occasionally, probably from his arm or maybe something else. The look on the giant's face was one of annoyance, on his back rested a long sword, clearly the one Asher had used before. For once the utter silence that greeted them was terrifying. Alekzandr swallowed his anger, after all that.. After these weeks of fighting and more. He nearly lost this.. Party.. This.. family. Something he'd been searching for, for so long. Since the death of Segiri, the fall of his comrades and platoon. There was almost relief pouring over him. After a few minutes he realized they had three new followers. Trailing in the back was Andraste and Mattrim, but also the feather cloaked figure from before. Who knows who that is.. Who cares?

The streets were quiet and empty, the stands set up for founders day were now vacant and soulless. They passed by the enormous stage used only a few days prior, finding it to be almost abandoned. He glanced over to Vestus, words.. Wouldn't do any good in this situation. The Giant was clearly the most injured at this point. In fact, Alekzandr wouldn't be surprised if the goliath's left arm was never fully healed.

"Did we cure everyone?" Markos quizzed, his voice was somber and low. Alekzandr for the first time in hours grew a genuine smile. It was a small victory really, but it was something.

"Yes.. We.. cured everyone." Riu divulged, though she sounded upset. The road changed from perfect stone to hard and rough cobblestone, the TrollSkull alley sign came into view. The only noise Alekzandr could make out any more was the rough pattern of footsteps, and quiet sobs.

"I know you might be the only one to get it" Vestus started, the giant's voice was low and rumbly on his right. "I'm going to bury these kids.. My son didn't have a burial.. At least they should." He smiled back at the giant.

"I completely understand. I had to bury my own child, in a way." He knew Vestus knew. They both understood what he was saying. The pain this brought with it was unparalleled. TrollSkull manor entered view, the front yard was still a bit messy, with an enormous granite rock shoved in the dirt. On it spelled in gold writing; 'TrollSkull Manor. Bar & Home of Adventuring party: The Keepers of Chaos.' He liked it.

"Andraste." Vestus called over their shoulders. "I need.. Mold earth.."

"Of course." The woman replied. Alekzandr stopped at the entrance, staring up as he basked in the presence the manor gave off. It was.. Home. it really, truly was home. He lifted the flask up to his lips. No.. He sighed, tucking it into his pocket. Right now he couldn't drink away his sorrows of lost loved ones. 'I think it's time to rest..' The pack of them entered the manor but quickly left, entering the backyard. The wind was breezy in the yard. The grass blew a little, as did the leaves on the enormous orange tree. Nestled on the right and side, were three gravestones. Lif, Asher's, and Holiver. Now the truth that Asher's gravestone was not temporary hit him like a carriage. The elven druid paced quickly, preparing two new graves. However, off in the distance. Clawing at the dirt with angry hands, was Markos. The dim moonlight illuminated his burial of the cloak.

"Osvaldo.." Riu whispered. "He was.. All the family I had left.. Eroh'wis, and Uncle Wyng.. they're nice but.. Osvaldo.. Was always there.. Now.."

Herod rushed over, setting an arm around Riu's body comforting her. Alekzandr stepped closer, with Adleth and Vaelle sat on the grass nearby. Maybe that was all they needed anymore. A family. The tone was somber and tired. He couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that this was all for nothing. They'd beaten the Cassalanters. Stopped the ritual, and hadn't even lost one of their own during that fight! So why? Why did it feel like a defeat?

"Who exactly are you?" Markos had returned from his burial, and was now pointing at the new figure in the crowd. Alekzandr raised an eyebrow at the cloaked elven man. "You followed us back." The new man seemed to be pained for a second glancing around in confusion. The man was previously staring at the graves with a solemn expression.

"I'm.. here for personal reasons.." The man opened his cloak revealing a blue Harpers pin. "I just wanted to see the nine hells suffer.. If what you said about a contract on those kids is true.. They really would have become demons.. Mindless, senseless creatures."

"Ah.." Alekzandr whispered.

The man put a cane to the ground and leaned on it. Vestus walked from the graves and stumbled over to the dirt, taking a seat. Most of them weren't even paying the new figure any attention. Just staring up at the sky.

"I'm sorry for the late introduction.." The figure waved an arm. He didn't care. It didn't really matter, a friend of the Harpers was a friend of his. "My name is Kamien, Kamien Dallvas." that name rang a bell in his ears. Hm, hadn't Elnaril mentioned someone named Kamien? "Pleasure to meet you.. I was sent to help deal with your.. Dagger issue." Another one?

"Nice to meet you too, comrade." No one, not a single person bothered in giving him their name. It wasn't time for that.

"I.. think I might stick around." Herod said suddenly.

"Hm?" The statement caught him off guard. What did he mean? With the soft breeze and dark cold air, Herod looked like a prince. A tall stag crown on his head, elegant cape and sturdy armor. The warlock looked to the floor in shame.

"My god told me to stick around a while.. I figured after we defeated the cult I might go drifting again.. Like.. I did after I got my powers. But.." The green eyed man smirked. "Honestly, I kinda like you guys.. And I want to stick around." Oh Segiri.. He thought painfully. If only she was here with him. To see what he had been given since the war. Decades of loss and sadness felt.. Small next to this moment. It was silly, but it was also sweet.

"Honestly.." Adleth snickered a bit. "I was probably gonna leave a while ago.. Until.. Asher died. But, yeah. I agree. I don't got some randomly fucking gods telling what to do. I just want to.. Stay somewhere lucrative." The elf was clearly lying but in a cheeky way.

"Selune.. Thank you." Riu whispered, staring into the sky.

"I'd like to stay.. With you all.." Markos added. The half-elf seemed timid but happy.

It all felt somber. It really did. Every last bit of himself said the mood and world were somber and dark. But somehow. Alekzandr felt a little hopeful. With a soft gleeful breath, he stared out past the orange tree and into the horizon seeing the tiniest glimpse of a rising sun.

"Thank you.." He muttered into the blue-orange sky. "For this new family.."

Thank you, for; The Keepers of Chaos