Riu Astrial: CXXXIV

The Ball: CXXXIV

Riu would not describe herself as nervous instead she would say.. On edge. She was not ready to flinch at the drop of a hat but still pensive. Within her carriage, she spent time studying the faces of her allies. It was an odd sensation; the edge that crept in one's bones which warned of impending danger. Yet she charged forth at it regardless, it's what her parents would have done.

"Where are the harpers?" Herod quizzed, staring out of the window. She held her breath knowing that the answer to that question would never be very good.

"Dealing with attacks across the city," Andraste responded bitterly. "We don't know why.. But the Xanthar and Zhentarim guild are fighting like dogs, even worse than usual. It's as if they just all of a sudden started brawling in the streets again, nearly all of them nearby Harper establishments." She studied Herod, he was dressed in his green and dusky grey suit. However, now he wore the new cape he'd purchased. Still, the outfit looked to be missing something. Whilst she noticed numerous legs in the carriage bouncing nervously, Herod's remained still.

"Are they allied with the Cassalanters?" Vaelle asked furiously.

"Unlikely," Riu replied, she glanced out the windows of her carriage quickly. Seeing the Cassalanter Villa come into view. "It's more probable.. That Victoro simply paid some people off to begin engagements.. If they were working together I doubt the Xanathar guild would let Victoro off without a massive price." Vaelle nodded in understanding. This was her arena, Riu understood one thing. She was the noble, and it was up to her to navigate them once inside.

"Andraste. You and Mattrim are close." Herod added. "How bogged down are they? How many are being taken up?" Andraste seemed to blush at his comment.

"Um.. probably near all. As soon as they put down what's going on, they'll be here."

"Well if that isn't just fucking fantastic." Adleth started to chuckle.

Riu looked down she was wearing a pale blueish white gown which covered the trappings of armor underneath, that was for the lower body. She stared at Markos, the little half-elf looked quite adorable in his purple and black dress and a full face of makeup. In his hands, he twirled around a small golden-brown satchel embroidered with a face, a bag of holding. Inside contained; the weapons, armor, and tools of everyone who could not easily hide it.

"Alright listen." Vestus interrupted snapping her back to the present; he was hideous though dressed in a gorgeous ash grey suit. "When we get inside, no one can suspect we are.. Well, Hades, I guess in this instance we're up to no good."

"Is everyone clear on the plan?" Riu asked politely, she held her head up high. What would her father do? Lead. He would lead. "And um.."

"Follow our plan. If it doesn't work, I'll beam you all the next idea. We find the ritual. It'll either be in another room or in a basement of some sort." Herod waved around his hands quickly. Riu swallowed her tongue. The carriage came to a stop creaking against the fresh pavement. Outside she heard the sound of people, busy party guests, and arriving nobles. Ah.. the illustrious life of fakes. The door opened enveloping her eyes with the soft light of candles ignited overhead.

"Lady Astrial." Corbias stood with an arm across his chest as she lifted her dress and descended the steps.

"Thank you Corbias... why don't you.. Take the rest of the night off.. Please." She encouraged him, the elderly man frowned but nodded all the same.

"As you wish my lady." She turned her head, noticing now how funny the carriage looked. Vaelle, Vestus, Andraste, Markos, Alekzandr, Adleth, and Herod all packed inside. They exited quickly shoving one another aside while furious clawing out of the box. With blue eyes straight ahead, Riu took in the courtyard of Gralhund villa. Before her, was the most massive villa she'd ever seen. It felt both familiar and foreign; high stone walls surrounded the property with the enormous mansion front and center. Unlike the Gralhunds, whose house had a fenced gate that led to the villa, the Casslanter had a.. More expensive approach. Instead the wall concluded at a central hub the size of a home with wide-open doors which led you to the gardens outside their house. Riu had been there so many times when she would visit Osvaldo yet now the house grounds stood taller, as the walls looked to have been raised. The guestlist entrance had been made more extravagant and clean. Riu took a deep breath. The house in the distance stood foreboding over her presence.