Herod Westwood: XXVII

A New Name: XXVII

"So we've got idiots.." Herod chuckled staring off in the distance. The docks were about as slimy as Herod remembered. He wasn't really one for the water, even when he was delivering shit for the various crime guilds he was pretty careful to avoid the docks. The South docks of Waterdeep were no different, stained yellow hardwood were hammered together with old rusted nails with each massive piece connected to an iron ring that hugged a cedar pillar in the sea letting them rise and fall with the tide. Herod scanned the area.

"A lot more people than we expected." Asher mentioned, Herod agreed but what were they looking for? The docks were bustling with late night shipments and wandering people, humans, dwarves, hell he knew he saw a dragon born carrying cargo off of one small ship. The guards in the area were few, Herod could count around three of them stretched across a mile long basis. 'Thoughts?' He asked his glowing sword.

"Herod" Riu hissed from behind him. "There." Herod looked out into the distance to the left of the docks near the large array of buildings that met its East bank. He saw nothing.

"Guys I think we have company.." Adleth murmured as she stared off in the direction Riu had insisted. "Avoid staring." Adleth pleaded. "Herod.. You help me sneak around." Adleth grabbed Herod by the hand as Riu tapped him on the arm. He was confused, could they see someone? He sure as hell couldn't, the building line did have a little crevice between the shops that Herod could see. "Don't raise any immediate suspicion.." Adleth whispered. "I think I see a little fucker over there, though we have no proof."

"Then let's just check it out." Herod agreed. As the two of them began walking to the distant figure, a figure he still had yet to make out, they bumped into various patron's and wanderers each one was clearly a little bit inebriated. It couldn't be this easy right? They had spent only five minutes at the docks and instantly Riu and Adleth spotted someone in the distance? That was some divine luck only possible through some kind of bullshit magic Herod thought to himself. Some Critical bullshit magic he concluded. He stared back to his party who were wandering the docks aimlessly, these were the second set of docks they'd visited that night. "What are they doing?" Herod wondered. Adleth gave no reply. He got his first good look at the figure.

'Maybe you need glasses?' Vulity suggested unhelpfully, he rolled his eyes with his long standing battles of health the last thing he wanted was poor eyesight!

The entity huggin the alleyway near the docks was a man. He was dressed in a long black cloak as dark as charcoal with hard leather boots and a clear glint of scale mail under the clothes. See! Herod did not need glasses. His long dirty white hair was swept over a shoulder as Herod could view the blue skin of a drow.

"A Drow." Adleth hissed, concluding what Herod had just found. "What is he doing?" The drow was reaching at his belt as he slowly pulled out a small wood piece, it had silver metal inlays containing a small handle and a long snout like that of a dog.

"A gunpowder weapon!" Herod hissed. He turned and looked back at the party. Markos was standing with his hood down. His elvish features visible. "Oh you fucking insane moron." Herod cursed. His mind raced for some kind of solution if his new friend got shot Herod wouldn't forgive himself, sure Markos was new but he'd at least like to get to know the half-elf. In the middle of his thinking he noticed before Markos and the party was a man waving a glass in his hand as he seemingly danced around the dock near the edge. "Oh.. oh another elf." He muttered. Herod watched Markos turn and look in both directions.

*Ncochek*

A click to Herod's left the drow began to pull back the lever on the gun. "Crap!" He yelped. At once turning to see Markos staring off in the distance towards the shooter. Herod nearly leapt up to try and close the impossible distance between them.