Riu Astrial: XXIV

Hiring Help: XXIV

Riu wanted to slam Markos against the cellar bricks for a second time. While the cultist was unable to feel it, she certainly could. The anguish spilled from Lif as she felt his pain and anger. He didn't know he was truly dead all this time. While the logic made little sense the denial was still there. How would Markos feel if he was shown his own dead body? She just shook her head and dealt with the bitter cold. He was most definitely a fool, that Riu would have to make a mental note of. And to think that morning she woke up ready to actually be nice to the cultist who had continually called her a whore after all the night prior she had just taught him the most basic elements of summoning magic!

"It's.. it's ok Lif, I.. I'm so sorry." Riu tried to reach out to hold the ghost but she found herself unable to, any attempt and she passed through where she believed Lif to be. She tried to glare over at Markos, but he had more of an intrigued look than a sorrowful one. It was at that moment she heard a sound from above.

"What are you two doing awake?" Riu turned to the familiar voice of Alekzandr who had stuck his head down the cellar ladder like some kind of golfer. "Is that a.." Alekzandr's eyes grew full of concern and confusion has he stared at the stark white bones within the hole in the wall. "Oh." She was thankful Alekzandr had the means of intelligence to understand the situation.

"Lif.. please.. I.. I know how this must feel, I know it's so terrible.." Riu felt powerless, a sensation she loathed. Alekzandr climbed down the ladder into the cellar and walked over to the body. She looked up desperately at the drunk Rushiki soldier. She was unsure what she was looking for, maybe an idea, maybe a plan? Riu sighed, despite that she had known this ghost for less then a few days and yet.. It was still heartbreaking.

"Shall we bury.. Him?" Alekzandr asked politely. "In the back. Lif, do you wish to receive a burial?" Riu looked up at Alekzandr with thankful eyes.

"I'll dig the grave." Markos's voice quivered lightly, in a way Riu hadn't heard before. "I'll.. get the others.. Lif.. is that ok?" The entire cellar was stale as the specter gave no response. How could he? She thought he had just seen his own dead body! How could he possibly feel about burying it himself.? The cold cellar air stood still as Riu stood up, "I'll.. just do it." she squeaked as she reached for the ladder.

"Look." Riu turned to see the dust of the floor reform. As it spelled out the simplest of messages.

'Yes.' Riu tried her best to say nothing as she ascended the ladder. Down below Markos and Alekzandr were handling the body, Markos sounding more human than insane to her at that moment. Riu paced, walking from room to room to tell the others what had happened.

"Markos you fucking idiot." Adleth cursed in response. The majority of them had already been getting ready but now they simply descended the stairs and entered the backyard. Nothing but weeds and patches of dirt in the backyard was a sore sight. By the time Riu had actually gathered the other three Alekzandr and Markos were already gripping shovels. Alekzandr's blue eyes looked misty. Riu smiled in response. It was good to know someone in the house had a conscience. Unlike Markos, Alekzandr carried an air of light respect with him, nothing like noble sophistication but several leagues above a street bum to her. Markos however.. he was jarring, he was an inch shorter than her and even resembled that of a female half-elf himself. His skin looked slightly dead, like a half-elf who had spent too much time out of the sun, pale copper like the light had been sucked from it and purple eyes that gave you a disturbed feeling.. Not to mention that language he spoke Deep speech they called it. Unsettling.

"Markos you're not digging." Alekzandr whinged at the cultist, Markos appeared to just be standing as he closed his eyes. "Markos, this.. This isnt the time to fall asleep what the fuck are you.. Help me dig you insane beast." Alekzandr spat again yet Markos did not budge. Riu shook her head wondering what on earth that cultist could be doing.