Riu Astrial: CVIII

The Opera: CVIII

"Fucking hell." Alekzandr groaned, his accent was thicker this afternoon. Riu took a deep breath trying to make the group not draw attention to themselves. "Is this part of the city known as fancy town or what?" He asked again. Riu pinched the bridge of her nose. These people had no clue how to blend into upper-class society. She slid her mystical focus onto her necklace making sure she had a weapon on the worst of occasions. The theater was massive, taking up a good portion of the upper class's ward. Round the top of it held bloody red letters; the Blood wedding theater.

"Keep it down," Riu whispered before stomping a foot on Alekzandr's foot. She had to keep up appearances. Especially since she saw so many noble families around them. 'Shit.' She only then realized the potential of running into the Gralhunds. She looked down, noticing this was the first time she'd ever seen Andraste in shoes. Andraste's dress was a long silver and blue gown similar to her own but a much darker blue and different style. It was mostly plain with a hood at its top. She tucked her purse under her arm moving further in the line to get in.

"Ms. Astrial." A familiar melodic voice said nearby. Her attention was brought away to a figure approaching her. Long dark hair parted at its center into ribbons. Endowed in a large elegant yellow ball gown tight around the bust. She saw the flawless yet stern expression of an old family friend. She gulped, she knew that nobles would be around her but to be approached by.. This figure. She resisted the urge to grit her teeth.

"Mrs. Cassalanter." Riu performed a curtsey, and Amalia the mother of her old friend Osvaldo followed. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" She couldn't help but want to gag at that word, pleasure.. It was no pleasure. She and her party had already learned what monsters that family was. The cult was stationed in the Cassalanters crypt. Their sudden rise to power once again. Riu took a deep breath knowing damn well that this woman was up to no good.

Ammalia chuckled in response. "Oh believe me the pleasure is all mine, I had no idea you were attending this event.." That was backhanded Riu thought, the Cassalanter's were sponsoring the opera so they didn't plan to send her an invitation. Ammalia smiled lightly, "You look so lovely my dear.." She felt the expressions behind her change when she said the word Cassalanter. She prayed to Selune none of them would act recklessly. Otherwise, they were getting sent to prison.

"Why thank you.. It is so very good to see you again." She flicked a bit of an accent on her tongue, hoping to draw Ammalia into the noble routine.

"Mm, how have you been?" Ammalia stepped closer, it was pretty obvious this woman wasn't leaving. Riu gave a bright smile her friends were silent that was good.

*"Stay calm. I'm telling them not to do anything."* Herod's voice whispered into her brain. Thank the heavens.. She loved Herod. She couldn't split her mind into an answer but she nodded her head back.

"I've been well, I have been dealing with a few chaotic instances but I've been doing fine nothing I can't overcome.. How are you?" Her heart was pounding did this woman.. Know? Know what she and her party had done to steal the stone? The scry. It hit her like a train, the night's Scry attempt that had to be her! That had to be the work of Amalia.. Or at least one of her cultists.. Perhaps her husband? The gorgeous noble looked far away in her expression. They were looking for the stone, and now that it didn't work. What was next?

"I am fine my dear, Elzerina and Terenzio grow closer to their ninth birthday by the day! So I've been very busy.. Much to plan.. Much to.. Prepare for." Amalia replied, the way she said that line, Riu leveled her eyes seeing an ounce of understanding in them. They were both painfully aware of one another's truths. "You should know, everything I do.. I do for them." The Lady whispered.