Andraste Naïlo: CXII

The Time Limit: CXII

Andraste stared at the stage of the Opera. Mattrims arm wrapped firmly around her neck. The Opera was in its third act at this point Faust's vision had been true. Margareta was in a cell and condemned to death. The power he once sought from Mefistofele was not helping him and his lover's soul could be damned. But behind her, a completely different story was unfolding. Mert took a seat next to her and Mattrim, she eyed Riu carefully who was standing next to Markos. Has she seen this before? She couldn't remember. His eyes.. Markos stuffed in a purple dress looked so odd, but now his eyes were green like the sea.

"She'll never let me go." Markos whispered, his voice was shaky and scared. Andraste almost felt sorry for him.

"She?" Renaer questioned. "Who is this?" Markos suddenly looked as if he were ready to throw himself from the booth, his face twisted in embarrassment and his spectacles reflected fear.

"Do you.." Markos whispered. "Have any idea how many entities own me?" He was shaky, his voice trembling. Andraste wasn't sure if to look at Mefistofele tempting Margareta or at Markos's fearful form. "My mind to The Unspeakable.. My service to the Great Dreamer.. My s-" His voice broke. "The Crawling Chaos." Elnaril raised an eyebrow.

"Hold on.. Sat that again?" Elnaril quizzed. Markos repeated himself. "Huh.. Falgin did mention something like that.. I can't say much for all of this. I have found some small trace things that piqued my interest as of late but you might not be as hopeless as you make it out." Markos looked less happy and more frustrated than Andraste assumed he would. Markos looked down like he did not believe the man. But despite all of it Enaril grinned and gave him a wink. "If you need help just say the word, you've got one of the best researchers in the continent, kid." the half-elf didn't say a word. "Uhhh." Andraste saw it too. The necklace around the cultist was starting to smolder. "Do you.. Want a day of normality? To at least think it over?" Markos frowned. Andraste even felt confused, the hell did that mean? Oh, the godly choir was now singing to Margareta. Mattrim tugged her tighter.

"S-sure? I don't think that's in the cards." Markos chuckled looking down at his necklace which was now beginning to literally ignite in flames.

*Snap*

The symbol around the half-elfs neck stopped burning entirely. Andraste watched in awe as it seemed to lose all corruption and swirl with yellow energy. "Holy shit.." Markos mumbled looking down. "He's gonna be pissed.." He said breathlessly. What just happened? Andraste wondered.

"Anyway.. Unless anyone has any questions for me. I should be on my way." Elnaril explained. A sudden thought popped into Andraste's head, wait, this may be the only chance she had.

"Um.." She began nervously. "Do you know where my father may have gone?" The search for him was hard. She'd spent too long on it but maybe this elf.. This vampire could do what she could not.

"With a lifespan.. I cannot completely remember.. When was the fall of tiamat again?" He asked. Andraste pleaded with her brain for the answer. Shit.

"Oh.. I cannot remember when it was. I was very young. Around thirteen." She explained.

"Well.. then I haven't seen him since then. I'm sorry." Elnaril apologized.

"The last I saw him." Mert jumped in. "Was the last time I saw yours." he pointed across the aisle over to Riu. She looked surprised. "They were aiding me in the fight against those cultists.. The rise of Tiamat.. They were brave. I thought I didn't know your family." Mert put a hand on her shoulder. Andraste felt shock run its course through her. "They died heroes.. Fighting to the bitter end. If not for them.. Many men and women wouldn't have made it out of Burning Lake to stop the final tribunal." Andraste was speechless had they really? Died heroes.. Fought so very much..