Herod Westwood: LXXVII

A Death In the Family: LXXVII

Herod was done being left in the dark. Energy swirled around him with blue and green lights dancing across his vision. He sat steadily with Vulity in his lap.

'I can't find him!' Vulity cried, she was currently swimming not only through his mind but through the domain of Puderis itself. Their ability to track the soul of Asher was dwindling rapidly. He inhaled focusing on the sight of Asher's masked face willing himself to see him. Nothing. Why wasn't Puderis answering? What was going on?

"Try again. I need to see the Latrecies.. I have to see-" Herod's vision was shattered by the sound of.. Scribbling. The sensation that took hold of his body was hot, a burning sensation of hot coals against the skin. His nose was filled with the scent of sulfur and charred brimstone. The strange echoing sound of a pen writing across paper somehow caused him to shutter. What form of thottery was this?

'I-I can't hold on- Herod we're-' Vulity's voice faded away and Herod fell down a few inches collapsing to the ground. His eyes shot open instinctively grabbing the hilt of the blade. What.. the hell.. He had never failed to commune with his god before. Never had he run into such an issue; it was less like Puderis had refused.. No it felt like.. 'We were being blocked..' Vulity whispered, the psychic voice sounded so far away. Herod looked up at the orange tree above him he clasped to his feet and jogged back into the house, for some odd reason he found praying under the tree to be a lot more calming, more calming then the room where Markos would chant.

"Vulity.. What was that." Herod growled his anger was getting the best of him. It had been hours since Markos and the others left Adleth had left to dart around town and investigate the various spots she may have missed the first time round, but even she got back sooner than Markos. Riu was.. Well a mess, he didn't peg her for being very close to Asher yet she seemed just as concerned as the others. He slammed the door open.

"Hi." In the center of the tavern Markos was standing flipping through a little book his eyes were.. Sinister. Despite not being able to read thoughts Herod got a sinking feeling he knew what was on his cultists mind. Herod cared for Asher too, but he hoped Markos wouldn't do anything stupid. He knew from experience that when navigating the underworld of cities you had to be careful, people went missing everyday perhaps that's what happened to Asher? Did he pick the wrong guy's lock, or ask too many questions?

"The Gralhunds." Alekzandr growled. "We talked to many guards but finally got the truth. He was last seen heading towards the Gralhunds manor.. Apparently there was a commotion.."

"The Gralhunds?" Herod exclaimed, "The same family we.. saved a few days ago? Those guys? The hell does.. Why would they take Asher? They're a merchant noble family-" He was cut off by Markos's response.

"The Gralhunds.. Are in on it." His voice was low and full of regret. "Vincent.. The.. detective guy told me this morning, he was trying to investigate Lif's death.. And stumbled upon the hellish cult activities that did it to him. He found it odd, because it seemed the Gralhunds and the Zhentarim were working together.. For what purpose and how far.. He wasn't sure. But they weren't smart enough to do this on their own. He has no clue how they did it." Herod felt a little bit of fire ignite in him.

"You- you knew this the whole time?!" Herod yelled, he pushed Andraste aside and grabbed Markos by the shoulders. "For the love of god you knew that the Gralhunds were bad business?? Why didn't you tell any of us?!" Markos started shaking; he was breathing quickly and burying his face in his hands.

"I-I I just found out this morning! I.. was going to tell you but.. I.." Markos looked terrible glancing around the room, it was like a sudden waterfall of emotions. He began crying. "I.. I shouldn't have been so paranoid I- I didn't know why I couldn't say it I just didn't." Markos's knee's buckle and he nearly collapsed to the floor however Herod was sternly holding him in place. Despite being pretty physically weak.