Asher Exitium: XLIX

Commander Destruction: XLIX

They met the crest of the hill. To call the walk to the outer trade ward a journey would be an understatement.

"I haven't walked this far since Hren." Asher cursed under his breath. They overlooked the trade ward. Skeemo's shop was right around thirty to forty feet away, a dark grey moldy store who's windows looked patched up and barred. In the distance Asher could see a short figure carrying a large wooden sign which rattled with chains. 'Our guy?' he wondered.

"Hren huh? That was a hell of a trek last I heard." Alekzandr gave Asher the response he wasn't expecting. "We should trail them.. Attacking Skeemo in broad daylight.. Poor decision."

"Yeah.. I agree trailing them sounds best, however. They have horses when you're fighting cavalry. It's best to cut off their travel then meet them head on or in a chase." Asher put his hand against the chin of his mask trying to think of a strategy. 'What would Carter do here..' he wondered that guy was always so good with plans.. Just never any good at executing them. Sounded like a lot of people at Exitium house.

"If I had contacted some of my noble friends.. I could have gotten us some horses." Riu spilled. He gave her a quick glance, curious how that was supposed to help them right now.

"Thank you Riu, very helpful." Herod answered. Asher patted Herod on the back. "We have to act now. Before he gets away."

"Agreed." Alekzandr added. Asher inspected the carriage. Skeemo was nearly packed up. They would have to disable the cart, clearly a man who was willing to take this long to pack cared greatly about his belongings; he wasn't about to leave them behind.

"Disable the cart." He proposed. "Flood him back into the shop.. Either through distraction or.. Panic I don't know.. Next we ambush him in the place. Less witnesses." He gauged the party's reaction.

"What do we do about the two helpers?"

Asher cursed. Adleth had a point. Next to the cart he could spot two big figures, probably muscle, there to aid Skeemo. They would need a new approach to get rid of them. Skeemo began staring into his shop, his head bobbing back and forth. 'Rats.' Asher thought he was done, the gnome was nearly finished; they had to act now.

"Should we just murder all of them?" Herod asked. Asher shook his head.

"Alekzandr. Go and attempt to buy something from Skeemo, distract him. You're pretty friendly with people. Just keep him preoccupied." He instructed the soldier.

"I can.. Try to speak to the horses." Andraste suggested. Asher nodded quickly.

"That's probably the best idea so far. Alekzandr, go talk to Skeemo and keep him busy. Andraste. Keep the horses from leaving.. Adleth you distract the two guards with Riu. Get them to leave I don't know.." Asher paused, staring at the cart. Forty feet.. He made a riskier attack during Juvelgrad. If that could work.. Then this would.

"He sells potions right?" Alekzandr inquired.

"Yes. He does." Riu answered bitterly. Asher nearly forgot how the Aasimar felt about this guy, Markos had been vague but it was clear she wanted to gut him. Asher liked that.

"Alekzandr.. Head down there. Andraste flank left and get the horses." The party split. Andraste went left like he had said, while Alekzandr went straight on approaching Weirdbottles cart. He gave a quick look to Markos before he descended the hill himself; he wanted to be nearby. Asher picked out a small side of the shop building to hide around while Alekzandr approached the gnome. 'This has got to work.. We need to keep him preoccupied.' he was excited to be back in his old element of battle, deception, and strategy. The experience nearly made him forget about the awful vision that bottle of alcohol had given him. 'Fucking magic.' he thought. He leaned around seeing Alekz approach Skeemo.