Riu Astrial: XXIX

Two emotional Greetings: XXIX

Riu didn't know what the point of being in a house like this was, when there was nothing to do. The empty tavern was a sore sight but it was made worse when you explored the manor. The den on the second floor was bare even though it had a nice round table for the group's various meetings. She walked through the halls doing mild cleaning of her own. "A balcony but nothing to look at." Riu said to herself. The balcony of her room located on the second floor faced the backyard where there were only weeds, a headstone for Lif and the sights of that cultist's rituals. Though Riu was appreciative to have such a vast lot, where her house fell short in size the yard offered a space of opportunity. She hung her scale mail in the right hand side corner of her small room. As she left she pursued into the side that was Asher's bedroom, looking into the open door Riu couldn't see anything of intrigue. She sighed out of boredom and descended the stairs into the closed tavern, to see Adleth sitting at a table with her feet on its surface.

"What's up?" Adleth looked as if she too was bored, though that seemed to be a regular expression on her face Riu believed.

"Nothing really.." Riu began as she sat down at the table. "I'm mostly bored. I just got a letter from Renaer, apparently he and.. Whatever friends he had have cleared the town for us. So we can breathe a little." Riu added with a silent chuckle. Adleth nodded as if the information did not concern her in any way.

"So.." Adleth began before the door opened. The pair turned to see Herod and Markos carrying Asher along with Alekzandr behind them.

"Sorry!" Markos started. "We thought we'd stop by before we headed to the House of Inspired Hands, one of the smithing non-believers mentioned it to us, and Alekzandr really wants to check it out!" the half-elf exclaimed. Riu could almost feel Adleth and herself sync in rolling their eyes.

"What he's trying to say." Herod quickly corrected. "Is.. We stopped by because someone needed to refill their damned vodka flask." Herod shot Alekzandr a dirty look, exciting a soft chuckle from Riu.

"My comrade. You can never have enough vodka." Alekzandr corrected as he strode over to the bar. "It is like having too much money, impossible." Alekzandr added as he pulled out a large bottle to fill his own pocket flask. Riu wanted to laugh more but she seldom saw the soldier not throwing back gallons of the brew, she wondered why he loved being drunk so much.

"Well.. inflation is a thing." Adleth interjected. "So too much money can, and also cannot happen." Adleth pulled the remaining bottle of vodka from Alekzandr and took a drink. Her face seemed to light up for a brief moment before she shook it, setting the bottle back down.

"Excuse me?" Riu turned to the open door standing in its frame was a tall blonde eleven man. Riu watched him step lightly into the tavern, green pants and a bardic tunic, his long blonde hair descending past the lute on his back. He had mischievous features with an upturned nose and narrow eyelids.

"I'm sorry, can we help you?" Riu asked at the door. The Elven man welcomed himself into the tavern.

"Sorry we ain't open yet." Adleth said as she leaned back in a chair. Riu looked over at Adleth sighing.

"Apologies, I am not here to purchase alcohol. I have.. My own locations to gather such needs. No-" The elf was cut off by the cultist.

"Hello Non-believer!" Markos shouted "how are you? Can I interest you in a pamphlet?" The elf looked over to Markos with an expression of disgust.

"No. I will not be in need of that." The elf continued. His voice was deep and foreboding in a manner of almost distaste for what he was doing. Though simultaneously he held about him a charm that was difficult for Riu to place. "However by that comment I can tell I have arrived at the right place." The elf pulled a sack from his side, setting it on a nearby table. "I.. represent a group of interest to you all." The elf slowly rolled up his sleeve. Riu's eyes bulged as he revealed a Zhentarium guild insignia, the winged serpent on a black field. Her stomach turned in anger. "My name is Davil Starsong. And I am with the Zhentarim." Her body began to shake as she looked around for her mace. Shit she thought, she wasn't wearing her scale mail. It was stupid of her to avoid putting it on without need.